V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike has been running great, tonight after coming home from about a 300 mile ride the last 80 miles of it I was locked in at 85mph 3200rpms. Temp 55-60 degrees

I noticed coming up to a red light my bike was popping through the exhaust. Then it stalled when I clutched it. I released the clutch and it restarted.

I had to keep the rpms up to keep it running, when i pulled into the garage, it stalled again the rpms just kept dropping. It restarted and idled kinda rough before settling down.

Any ideas what would cause this and what i should begin looking at?

I always run startron in my fuel.

Thanks

·
I'm Your Huckleberry
2,040 Posts
My '07 pulls the same stall at a red light trick (usually the end of the ramp) if I've been running high speed for any extended time.
If it were a Ford I'd say it's the idle air control sticking or a dirty throttle body hanging up.
I'm used to it now so don't worry too much about it and I just hand manage the idle speed when coming off a hard pull to a light.

It doesn't seem to do it tho unless I'm 80+mph for probably 30 min or so...

I know its no help, but maybe someone will send a solution for both of us.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
No remap required

I made it to my dealer this morning to get the bike remapped with the new cam. I thought it was running good. The Tech came out and asked if it was actin up or had a problem? I told him it was not I thought it was running great, he agreed said it did not need a remap but he checked everything all was well he even tried to install a map for a 95 but on the test ride it was too rich so he reinstalled the stage 1 map and away I went.
quoted you from your other thread.
now you need to go find a GOOD tuner.
as you now see throwing maps at it isnt tuning it.:beer:
and a stage 1 download is a joke.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn't that what the SEPST is for? I know DOC is down the street 20 min but crap for him to tune it for me is $800 plus dollars. $400 for the tuner and $400 for the Dyno.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
Isn't that what the SEPST is for? I know DOC is down the street 20 min but crap for him to tune it for me is $800 plus dollars. $400 for the tuner and $400 for the Dyno.
lots cheaper than fryin a motor. after a total rebuild, you would still have to pay for a tune.....................right?

you may also have doc check sumping , but im sure you wouldnt have to, because he is a pro!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
The sepst is for tuning .but you have to use it to tune with. Throwing maps at it from the database will never work.they are a base to start tuning from.
you have a good tuning device if you decide to have it dyno tuned.
400.00 for another tuning device is insane.
find a dyno tuner that will use what you already have instead of forcing another device on you.

·
Super Moderator
3,232 Posts
The sepst is for tuning .but you have to use it to tune with. Throwing maps at it from the database will never work.they are a base to start tuning from.
you have a good tuning device if you decide to have it dyno tuned.
400.00 for another tuning device is insane.
find a dyno tuner that will use what you already have instead of forcing another device on you.
@gree:
The SE Tuner wil work fine in the right hands.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
I'd talk to DOC, I would think he'd work w/the SE tuner. If not find someone who will.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Like others have said here, a GOOD tune is worth every penny and yes a stage 1 download is absolutely a joke. If your 20 min. from a great tuner you are extremely fortunate. Spend the money and save your motor. Most tuners at dealers do a wide-open throttle pull and call it good, that's not tuning!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts