V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone wear these jeans? I'd like to get some jeans with a little more protection than my Levi's offer. I'm also considering Draggin Jeans.

Icon Standard Jeans - relaxed-fit jeans
Sturdy 14-oz. denim chassis for longer wear
Reinforced aramid knees for abrasion resistance
Triple-needle stitching on high-stress seams

·
Registered
935 Posts
There's a review on xlforum.net for the Icon jeans, if you search for it.

I have Draggin' Jeans myself, both the Denim and the Kahki. They're okay. Sizing it a tad-tight, but not as off as the Icon jeans. The kevlar makes them retain too much heat during summer (not as bad as leather of course). They have optional CE armor inserts as well (they were free with order from the australian site).

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TheTick said:
There's a review on xlforum.net for the Icon jeans, if you search for it.

I have Draggin' Jeans myself, both the Denim and the Kahki. They're okay. Sizing it a tad-tight, but not as off as the Icon jeans. The kevlar makes them retain too much heat during summer (not as bad as leather of course). They have optional CE armor inserts as well (they were free with order from the australian site).

How long did it take you to get your Draggin jeans shipped in from the Australian site? The Australian site has a Desert (Camo) Kahki that looks pretty good. I think the Canada site also has this.

I tried a pair of Draggin relaxed fit today and they are definitely a heavy jean with the kevlar and 14.5 oz. jean fabric. I also tried on the Icon which is heavy, but as you said, not quite as much as the Draggin Jean. I think I'll get a pair of Draggin to use mostly when temps are below 80, and use the Icon's mostly when temps are above 80.

Also, what did you think of the weight of the Draggin Jean vs. Draggin Kahki pant?

·
Registered
935 Posts
SFTL-1 said:
How long did it take you to get your Draggin jeans shipped in from the Australian site? The Australian site has a Desert (Camo) Kahki that looks pretty good. I think the Canada site also has this.

I tried a pair of Draggin relaxed fit today and they are definitely a heavy jean with the kevlar and 14.5 oz. jean fabric. I also tried on the Icon which is heavy, but as you said, not quite as much as the Draggin Jean. I think I'll get a pair of Draggin to use mostly when temps are below 80, and use the Icon's mostly when temps are above 80.

Also, what did you think of the weight of the Draggin Jean vs. Draggin Kahki pant?
I think the Australian order came quicker than the US order. Was only like 4 or 5 days. The denim and kahki are about the same weight. The black pants appear to be slightly heavier than the others.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TheTick said:
I think the Australian order came quicker than the US order. Was only like 4 or 5 days. The denim and kahki are about the same weight. The black pants appear to be slightly heavier than the others.
Tick, thanks for the info. I went to the Australian site and think I might go with either the Combat pant or the Traffic Denim jean - not sure yet, I prefer a relaxed/loose fit. Other than the fit around the waist, how do your pants fit? Did you get the Traffic or Comfort fit jean? Would you consider what you bought to be a loose type fit? I posed the same question to Draggin AU via email, but still waiting for response.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Aerostitch has some nice jeans with pockets for body armor, you might want to check them out. I believe they are made right at their facility in Duluth, MN.

·
Registered
935 Posts
SFTL-1 said:
Tick, thanks for the info. I went to the Australian site and think I might go with either the Combat pant or the Traffic Denim jean - not sure yet, I prefer a relaxed/loose fit. Other than the fit around the waist, how do your pants fit? Did you get the Traffic or Comfort fit jean? Would you consider what you bought to be a loose type fit? I posed the same question to Draggin AU via email, but still waiting for response.
I bought the Classic jeans from the US site. You sure you want to know how they fit me? They are bit tight in the crotch... otherwise they are nearly a perfect fit. When bending the knees the legs seem tight, cause of the kevlar. Definetely not a loose fit, and I generally prefer "relaxed" jeans. (Unless going out on a date :yes: )

They are too dark of a blue for my taste, but I didn't buy them for the appearance. I saw the traffic pair after my first order, and would've otherwise went with those.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just recently discovered these by Alpinestars. http://store.dsrpowersports.com/erpadepa.html

Abrasion resistant poly fabric lining
Engineered loose fit
Removable CE certified knee protectors
Washed blue denim
Bleached Astar logo

I was told that "poly-fabric" was a non trademark/patent infringement way of say Aramid or Kevlar.

I have a dealer close to me getting a pair in Thursday for me to check out.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
SFTL-1 said:
Does anyone wear these jeans? I'd like to get some jeans with a little more protection than my Levi's offer. I'm also considering Draggin Jeans.

Icon Standard Jeans - relaxed-fit jeans
Sturdy 14-oz. denim chassis for longer wear
Reinforced aramid knees for abrasion resistance
Triple-needle stitching on high-stress seams
I bought some and for the price, I'm not impressed. They offer just a little more protection than standard jeans, like reinforced knees.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SFTL-1 said:
Just recently discovered these by Alpinestars. http://store.dsrpowersports.com/erpadepa.html

Abrasion resistant poly fabric lining
Engineered loose fit
Removable CE certified knee protectors
Washed blue denim
Bleached Astar logo

I was told that "poly-fabric" was a non trademark/patent infringement way of say Aramid or Kevlar.

I have a dealer close to me getting a pair in Thursday for me to check out.

Just tried the Alpinestars Ergo Painter Pant and they get a thumbs down IMO. Denim weight is too thin (12 oz), their "poly-fabric" liner material was not heavy enough to give me confidence it would be effective in holding back the asphalt from grinding thru to my skin. The knee area was only partially protected with the poly-fabric and seemed that in the event of a fall, the side of my knees would only be protected by their 12 oz denim material (no poly-fabric). They come with armor for the knee & shin, but the armor is made to fit in the pant, the pants are a loose type fit, so in all likelihood, if you go down, the armor will get pushed out of the way unless you come down directly on it (doubtful).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts