V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Very impressive Viper! I once saw a video of a 875hp Viper against a piped and jetted Busa (~175hp), and it was totally even. I actually thought that the Busa would walk away from the Viper in this video. Well, 350hp in the Busa should do the trick and shouldn't be a problem either. I've seen Busas putting down ~700hp. Now that is impressive!
 

·
The Alter Ego
Joined
·
5,580 Posts
Fredda said:
I've seen Busas putting down ~700hp. Now that is impressive!
Now I love speed and power so don't get me wrong here. But how can you handle that kinda power on two wheels. Hell the new Corvette's don't even put out that kinda power stock yet. If you hit the NoS button wouldn't you just do a wheelie and flip over backwards? :dunno:
 

·
DHARMA Initiative
Joined
·
5,678 Posts
MOPAR baby!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
Rock Steady said:
Now I love speed and power so don't get me wrong here. But how can you handle that kinda power on two wheels. Hell the new Corvette's don't even put out that kinda power stock yet. If you hit the NoS button wouldn't you just do a wheelie and flip over backwards? :dunno:
Wheelie bars Stan. Check out the bikes at the drag races, some of them go the length of the track with the front tire a couple of inches off the ground. I don't know af any 700HP Hayabusas but Top Fuel Harleys are over 500HP....Bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Rock Steady said:
Now I love speed and power so don't get me wrong here. But how can you handle that kinda power on two wheels. Hell the new Corvette's don't even put out that kinda power stock yet. If you hit the NoS button wouldn't you just do a wheelie and flip over backwards? :dunno:
No NoS, just turbo. And no, I have no idea how one could handle 700hp on two wheels. :eek:
 

·
The Alter Ego
Joined
·
5,580 Posts
nauipro said:
Wheelie bars Stan. Check out the bikes at the drag races, some of them go the length of the track with the front tire a couple of inches off the ground. I don't know af any 700HP Hayabusas but Top Fuel Harleys are over 500HP....Bill
Oh yeah. I know about the drag bikes and wheelie bars. I thought we were talking about 700hp street bikes. Rolling down the road then all of a sudden just hit. WoW! Prepare to get the organutan arms. Better buy longer sleeves. :xhere:
 

·
Obsolete Rider
Joined
·
1,728 Posts
turbo busas

I lurk on the busa website. They have several members
wtih turbo busas. I guess when you take a machine that
made ~135 - 150 hp stock then add a turbo you can go
200 to over 500 hp. Absolutely amazing for two wheels.
Most of these guys are into drag racing or top end.
I need to go to Maxton to watch them run.
(or maybe a trip out to Bonneville:banana: )

Here's the link: http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=d4c307e9694922cdd427e95d156d1eb6&

What can you say? They are fast.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,735 Posts
jockeyshift said:
MOPAR baby!!
As bad as I hate to say it...us MOPAR guys are the dinosaurs. I looked at the 1/4 mile run speeds and times for all the Dodge and Plymouth musclecars from my high school years...1968-1972...and we are pretty humble compared to what's there today.

Having said that......There is NOTHING better than slamming those gears in a 440 GTX....or letting the Torqueflite do it for you in a 440 R/T Superbee.

I would strap on that Viper but am a little on the high side of the "old man" curve to lay into anything, on two wheels, with 275 horses. Holy Shiite!!! That has to be a whole new world.

Semper Fi,
Steve...Pensacola
USMC 1972 - 2003
 

·
south of heaven
Joined
·
282 Posts
A big thing on the east coast is the 60" class. The bikes are 60" wheelbase (which is not much more than a stock hayabusa), on a DOT tire, no wheelie bars and either Nitrous or Turbo. The turbo bikes (over 500 HP) have run 7.6s @ 190+ MPH. The bikes are sick.
Jason miller - This is the quickest bike out there...7.66


Here is another top competitor....Mike Slowe:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,826 Posts
My question is, was he just showing off or is it impossible to keep the front wheel down?

Not me sorry, my "speed" days are behind me, no white knuckles here, just want to enjoy the ride....
 

·
The Alter Ego
Joined
·
5,580 Posts
All 4 holes. Gotta keep that pucker oiled up too. You can get pretty nervous going that fast. :whisper:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,232 Posts
steveusmc said:
As bad as I hate to say it...us MOPAR guys are the dinosaurs. I looked at the 1/4 mile run speeds and times for all the Dodge and Plymouth musclecars from my high school years...1968-1972...and we are pretty humble compared to what's there today.

Having said that......There is NOTHING better than slamming those gears in a 440 GTX....or letting the Torqueflite do it for you in a 440 R/T Superbee.

I would strap on that Viper but am a little on the high side of the "old man" curve to lay into anything, on two wheels, with 275 horses. Holy Shiite!!! That has to be a whole new world.

Semper Fi,
Steve...Pensacola
USMC 1972 - 2003
Steve,

We are of the same era and I too always loved the MOPAR stuff. Earlier this year, I went to a test and tune. Among the cars running was a 69-ish 'cuda that looked like it was done up right. I didn't talk with the guy, so don't know build particulars - but the motor sounded big, large slicks, tiny front wheels, open headers, etc. Not a street car. He was runnning high 12s - low 13s.

Another guy was there with a new-ish Mitubishi 4-door. Stick, intercooled turbo, air conditioning and all wheel drive. It was his daily driver that he also campaigns in rallys -- and he was running high 11s.

I was amazed at what that little car was doing.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top