V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being military I have DOD stickers and also A parking sticker for parking at work. My unwillingness to paste stickers on my bike and the price of gas spent on my truck these days, is to ride the bike. MY QUESTION IS has anyone been there done that senerio. HAs anyone made or bought a plate to display those pesky stickers somewhere on the front area that can be removed somewhat easily when not needed and not stolen easily also. I would appreciate any and all comments. Thanks to all who give suggestions.:thanks:

·
Banned
873 Posts

·
2005 Road King Classic
1,632 Posts
The local HD dealers, as well as indy's have the plates (here in VA). You can mount them on the front engine guard, or I have mine on the left passenger foot rest mount, bottom bolt.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yes. I went to a heating and air conditioning shop and had a piece of flashing cut. It's the 90 degree (corner) type. I have a FLHTI and mounted mine on the left side lower crash bar bolts. But you'll have to use a little imagination and figure out a spot. Just measure the DOD decals and make the plate a little bigger in case they change year/mo sticker sizes which they occasionally do.

·
Cruisin' SoCal
175 Posts
ozsee,
Before I got my NT I had a sportster and got a chrome inspection plate from JP cycles and mounted it right on the bolt holding the horn down. It is easy to put on and remove. Just have a wrench in your pocket and you will be good to go.
Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
i used one of the bike size promotional license plates from the dealer,

and put it on the brake caliper bolts,

just roll up, and point down, or cock wheel if they are "mouth breathing"

it's been on several bikes =^)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts