272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
sorry man... just in the wrong place at the wrong time. it could have been anyone driving the truck, or a telephone pole.

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Let's be glad it was your truck and not your bike.
Sorry to hear about anybody having to go through this.
Hang in there.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Don't beat yourself up about this..

The guy killed himself.

A lot of people, who have no business being on two wheels, think they can ride a motorcycle.

Unfortunately, these same people, as we all can testify to, inevitably find themselves in a "live" situation that requires a certain level of motor skill. A motor skill, they never bothered to attain.

As Tom has so eloquently stated, you never "rise" to the occassion. Instead, you "sink" to your level of motor training.

In this case, if the guy would have focused as far ahead of the curve as possible, instead of on your truck, he might still be here, today.

I, for one, am glad you shared this experience with the forum. It will serve as a hard lesson, and stinging reminder, to our newer members, that there ARE risks associated with riding a motorcycle. The sooner these members work on minimizing those risks, the better off these riders will be.

You will be in my prayers. May God bless you :)

David

·
natural-born world-shaker
2,978 Posts
Hate to hear it ap_ .. keep your head up. I hope you're alright physically; emotionally takes time - talk about it when you feel up to it.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
my thoughts are with you. sometimes things that happen to use that we have no control over are the hardest to take.

good luck.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Man that is hard to deal with I am sure. I have never been in an accident where a fatality was involved and am sure this will take some time. Seems to me the first place to start is to keep your mind on the fact as you said "there was nothing you could do" to avoid this. Glad you were not injured. Let us know if we can help in anyway.

·
1,336 Posts
Glad your okay. And you said it. "There was nothing you could do."

·
I Ride, Therefore I AM
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the prayers...

Please pray for this guys family. When I get my thoughts together I'll post the whole story. I'm OK and my only injury, if you can even call it that, is that the airbag deployment singed the hair on my right hand.

Ya'll be careful out there.

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
Dude,

I hope this posting is the first in what will be many efforts to reach out. Whatever you do, don't hold it inside. It will just eat you up and have you second guessing everything. If posting helps you, keep posting. Do you have a church you go to? Talk to the clergy there. Same with family.

Stay in Gods hands.

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
ap_burner said:
Please pray for this guys family. When I get my thoughts together I'll post the whole story. I'm OK and my only injury, if you can even call it that, is that the airbag deployment singed the hair on my right hand.

Ya'll be careful out there.

Ap burner -

Will do. Very sorry to hear this happened, but glad you're okay.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
ap burne
Can only imagine what you are going through, could have been any of use and sorry that it happened to you. Paniolo is right on the money, if you need help or even think you might need help we are here and so are those who have been trained to help.
V/R
Chris

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Hey bro, sorry to hear the news man. Hang in there, we are all here for ya.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
I will pray for you and his family. Glad your ok. Do like others have said, make sure you talk to someone about it when you feel up to it. If you hold it in it will just make it worse on you in the long run.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
i really can't imagine what you are going through. Know that things happen that we can't control, but someone else has a bigger plan. Prayers to his family and to you.

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
you have to cope

You did nothing wrong! Just think what would have happened if that bike struck a smaller vehicle or anothe bike? you may have in fact saved someone else's life! karma.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Sorry to hear such tragic news. What a terrible experience for you to have to go through. My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts