V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My butt was sore after about 30 miles with my stock seat and I am looking for the best seat for my Fat Boy. I could use the help from all experienced riders. All my friends says Sundowner but I dont know.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I have the Sundowner on my 05 FXD...it's pretty comfy, but it's rather chunky. I bought it more for my wife...to keep her happy on the back. I can ride all day without any problems...with the seat that is.:brows:

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Kenny Binkley said:
My butt was sore after about 30 miles with my stock seat and I am looking for the best seat for my Fat Boy. I could use the help from all experienced riders. All my friends says Sundowner but I dont know.
Best seat bar none after 1,000 mile break in www.day-long.com . You will find that seat on more iron butt rally (800 to 1400 mile days) riders bikes than anything else.

Look at the half-moon design cause the others are pretty ugly.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I don't know how you can have a sore butt after 30 miles, maybe no seat will help:dunno: I rode my stock fatboy seat, thought it was pretty comfy, put a Corbin gunfighter for looks, and is comfy also

·
Registered
210 Posts
I put on a lepare seat but i sold the fatboy i have a fatboy seat with a gel insert in it in was profesonaly done and i have a small harley pillon for the back& the stock one. I will sell it if you are interested just PM me for more detals it is very confortable seat

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Russell Day-Longs are very comfortable seats, but they are ugly! You also have to send them your stock seat, along with photos of you sitting on it and your height, weight, inseam etc. It will take about 3 - 6 weeks for them to build it. A good compromise is a Mustang sport touring seat. It looks good, with good comfort right out of the box!

·
Registered
645 Posts
lol... I love these questions. It leads to a ton of biased answers. heh. Since we went there.. I like the Corbin Classic Solo (close) because im short. :D Good luck on your choice. The best way to decide is to try a bunch out. I know you cant buy em all but try to sit on as many different seats/scoots as possible. Corbin will also custom tailor to your needs providing you give them some info.

·
Just Sayin'
2,529 Posts
I'm very happy with my Mustang Vintage Wide Solo. I have the removeable back rest for longer trips. Go without it for around town. As SiLly said try and sit on as many as you can. Ask your riding pards why they like the ones they have.-2$en#e-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts