V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never been a big fan of softtails, no real reason, just liked the other models better.

However, just finished reading the road test in Cycle World. They said it actually handled damn good, put all the other makers/builders of wide tire bikes to shame.

I like the look of the bike, especially the big tire. And, it handles good.:wootdnc:

Gotta have it

·
HOGDOG
906 Posts
Okay, I'll jump in first and tell you that if you gotta have it, then by all means go buy it and enjoy it.

I just hope you don't want it so bad that you pay over MSRP for it just because they're a new model.

If you gotta have it, try to have it at MSRP...

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
deucedog said:
Okay, I'll jump in first and tell you that if you gotta have it, then by all means go buy it and enjoy it.

I just hope you don't want it so bad that you pay over MSRP for it just because they're a new model.

If you gotta have it, try to have it at MSRP...
Couldn't agree more. Since I just got my FXD, it will be next year anyway. However, Its the 1st (even close to) chopper style bike that seems interesting (to me). Nice to see the the MoCo figured out the steering/suspension dynamics.

·
I'm Paid Up...
1,732 Posts
All the folks I've spoken with don't care for the looks. That being said, I am sure there is still one left for YOU!! :wootdnc: :wootdnc:

·
HOGDOG
906 Posts
DR_DEUCE said:
All the folks I've spoken with don't care for the looks. That being said, I am sure there is still one left for YOU!! :wootdnc: :wootdnc:
I heard a rumor that you are trading in your Deuce for a Rocker. You know, if you do, you'll need to change your name to Dr. Rocker. ~!Awesome!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Do not believe everything you read as the magazines are making money from the folks that buy advertisements not from suscription sales. Not trying to talk you out of anything by any means just do some testing of your own not to mention you can by bolt on stuff to do the same to your duece. Wide tire kit, strutless fender, raked trees etc...Then its your bike ,your way, Just a thought.
BC

Owner of an 07 FLHTC that was the bomb in magazine reviews before I bought it. I have spent more getting this one rite than on my previous three bikes.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DR_DEUCE said:

Well, that's true. However, my experience seems to suggest a lot of folks don't like many things just because they are different..... Later, they change their mnds.

I remember just a few years ago when baggers were looked down on by many, fuel injection was the plague, etc. I sort of think the Rocker will take off, become prety popular, at least compared to other softtail models.

Needless to say, just my opinion, and I haven't seen one in person, just pictures. But all the write ups I have seen are very favorable. If the bike is anywhere near as good as these suggest, I think it will do well. Besides, a lot of people like to "personalize" their bike anyway.

In a way I hope the majority is right, then i will able to get one under MSRP next year.

greg

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
I just wish they would start hitting show room floors so more folks could see the thing in person. I got to see them at the conventin center in Rapid during Bike Week and liked the way they looked in person much better than any of the photos. You would think the MOCO would learn how to do a better job on showing off their wares in better photography.

We all hear such a hubub about how folks feel about the bikes looks etc. My guess is that they will all sell and won't be gathering dust on show room floors for long.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lionsm13 said:
Why not just buy a Big Dog? I'm sure that the "rocker" could not even begin to compare to one of the Dog pack in any aspect.
I'm curious why you say that. I am not real familiar with the Big Dog, but the reasons I would consider a Harley include

Huge national dealer network
Huge availability of aftermarket accesoories
Ease of insurance
Ease of resale (at least compared to most other brands)
Long term Reliability (again, compared to what I hear about many of the other American V twins)
Handling

A good friend has a Big Dog, very nice looking bike. Doesn't really handle very well though (from what he says), and it seems like he has lots of small issues with it. He has a couple a Harley's, so his veiws are valuable to me.

Same with the new Victorys, the models with the big tires don't handle worth a darn. I want the look (I think) but I also want a bike which is fun to ride more than a hundred miles.

I'm not knocking the Big Dog brand specifiaclly, its just that my limited impression is more show than long term fun.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Paladin1 said:
I'm curious why you say that. I am not real familiar with the Big Dog, but the reasons I would consider a Harley include

Huge national dealer network
Huge availability of aftermarket accesoories
Ease of insurance
Ease of resale (at least compared to most other brands)
Long term Reliability (again, compared to what I hear about many of the other American V twins)
Handling

A good friend has a Big Dog, very nice looking bike. Doesn't really handle very well though (from what he says), and it seems like he has lots of small issues with it. He has a couple a Harley's, so his veiws are valuable to me.

Same with the new Victorys, the models with the big tires don't handle worth a darn. I want the look (I think) but I also want a bike which is fun to ride more than a hundred miles.

I'm not knocking the Big Dog brand specifiaclly, its just that my limited impression is more show than long term fun.
Take a test ride on all of these bikes and decide which one is the best for you, and then let the negotiations begin. Its a buyers market.:)

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
You can have it. I'd buy a Victory Vegas Jackpot before I'd buy a Rocker.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Paladin1 said:
Couldn't agree more. Since I just got my FXD, it will be next year anyway. However, Its the 1st (even close to) chopper style bike that seems interesting (to me). Nice to see the the MoCo figured out the steering/suspension dynamics.
Yo

What makes you think, "the MOCO figured out the steering/suspension dynamics"?

Bwana01

·
Registered
953 Posts
thatoldbike said:
You can have it. I'd buy a Victory Vegas Jackpot before I'd buy a Rocker.
For sure don't pay MSRP for a Victory, good bikes but they don't hold any value.
Co-worker just bought an 06 8 ball, brand new, 5k off MSRP, nice bike, especially for 9k.

·
Banned
1,670 Posts
How can you not love this place? Guy wants a rocker, good for him, I kinda like the look myself. so now all the so called "expert shopping assistants" here tell him to get this or that...fuk it, why get a bike at all, I say you go buy a 73 gremlin...you dont want a bike...

bigdog? sure, go stand out like every other store bought boutique garage queen.....blAH HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

HOPE YOU GET THE ROCKER DUDE... dont follow lemmings off a cliff just because they do it

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
casaba said:
How can you not love this place? Guy wants a rocker, good for him, I kinda like the look myself. so now all the so called "expert shopping assistants" here tell him to get this or that...fuk it, why get a bike at all, I say you go buy a 73 gremlin...you dont want a bike...

bigdog? sure, go stand out like every other store bought boutique garage queen.....blAH HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

HOPE YOU GET THE ROCKER DUDE... dont follow lemmings off a cliff just because they do it

somebody shart in your corn flakes ?

then again you could be right

or you could be

off

your

rocker

bitch

1 - 20 of 42 Posts