V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to pass on the '96 Sportster (it was pretty). Thanks for helping me see more clearly. I kinda got swept away with that bike.

I've got myself on the list for a 1200 Custom. I'll wait it out.
I did not realize that a 1200 Custom came mostly chromed out. I had originally ordered an 883 Custom which is not all chromed out. I figured the 1200 was the same. But they're not.

Anyway, thanks for talking me out of it.

Wheelman

·
Registered
695 Posts
Yippy Ki Yay -- Get along litt'll doggie -- Great news!! How long will you have to wait?
This waiting thing is Haaaaard-ddd. HA! I bet you're gona love this bike. Thanks for letting us know what you decided on.

I wish I'd have known about this forum before I ordered my bike because I would have gone to another dealer. I got the bike at MSRP but they treat FNG's like "why ya botherin' me -- don't you know?" I should have done more research. Since this is my first Harley I didn't have a clue on how the process worked at all. I made the mistake of thinking I was shopping at a metric dealer, where customer service (at least my experience) is better.
Anyway, maybe you won't have to wait to long. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cox9000

They're still telling me 6 to 10 months. We'll still try to get together next season. You'll be cruising around pretty soon now. You'll have to tell us when it comes in.

·
Registered
193 Posts
How come such a long wait on a Sportster? A little over 2 months for me in the color I wanted. I don't get it.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Re: cox9000

Originally posted by Wheelman
They're still telling me 6 to 10 months.

Yea, I gotta wonder about that,too. I ordered the OL a 01 Sportster on 9/22.... it arrived at stealer 12/7 in the color I wanted (Pearl White). Just got lucky I guess !! :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
2003 XL883 Sportster Black Ships September 6 Please call
2003 XL1200C Sportster Custom Black Ships September 13 Please call
2003 XL1200C Sportster Custom 2 Tone Ships September 20 Please all
2003 XL883 Sportster Gunmetal Ships September 9 Please call
2003 XL883C Sportster Custom Black Ships October Please call
Tilly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts