V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· FOG
6,826 Posts
lassie said:
I just took my 2003 ultra for my first ride and I made it 4 miles from home and the bike just quit? Has anyone else had this problem? :confused:
I have an '03 FXD.....no problems. My buddy bought an '03 FXD and made it about 25 miles. Died.....nothing. No fire at all. They hauled it back to the dealer. It was a completely bad regulator......no juice to the battery. It ran until the battery could no longer supply enough juice, then....croaked. New regulator.....off and running strong.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you! i also have a powercommander but i think you are on the right track my 95 fatboy had the same problem but after about 20,000 miles.thank you and i will post what the dealer finds.

· Registered
2,812 Posts
Zeus said:
remove the p.o.s. powercommander & throw it in the garbage where it belongs
Huh?...:confused:

· Registered
2,812 Posts
How does it affect 00 88" Bagger's?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sorry thats i haven't posted the findings on the ultra thet just died.i had the heads redone and when i did the 1550 kit.the shop didn't check for clearance and said they heard the valve hit the piston when they turned the flywheel. they said the valve was o.k. and made some mods for clearance and put it back together. so i guess the valve wasn't o.k. because once the motor got hot enough i stuck a valve open.thanks for the feedback. i'll post how it all turns out.

· Registered
89 Posts
ummm.. what's a 1550 kit?

lassie said:
sorry thats i haven't posted the findings on the ultra thet just died.i had the heads redone and when i did the 1550 kit.the shop didn't check for clearance and said they heard the valve hit the piston when they turned the flywheel. they said the valve was o.k. and made some mods for clearance and put it back together. so i guess the valve wasn't o.k. because once the motor got hot enough i stuck a valve open.thanks for the feedback. i'll post how it all turns out.
1550 kit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.