V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Seasoned and Baked
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't bought a single new part, piece of chrome or any snake oil product for my bike in over SIX months! Worse yet, I have no desire to do so. Have I come to that point of ownership where I'm actually content, or do I need to see a shrink? :unsure:

·
void** ppVoid;
895 Posts
WideOne said:
I haven't bought a single new part, piece of chrome or any snake oil product for my bike in over SIX months! Worse yet, I have no desire to do so. Have I come to that point of ownership where I'm actually content, or do I need to see a shrink? :unsure:
Nope. It's time to put another machine in the stable so you can add all new and different geegaws and trinkets.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
See the shrink!

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
No I think your fine. you just need to ride, ride and ride some more. I although would like to buy some more parts for the bike have found going to the HD dealer and longing for more chrome and such just doesn't get it anymore. I have found I would rather just ride and go right past the dealer.

·
Registered
309 Posts
WideOne said:
yeah, i have been at the same place with my guitar rig for a while. similar thing.

you are now cured of messing with things "around" riding, and can just ride, enjoying the perfection you have built. it no longer needs anything, which is better and cheaper. ~!Awesome!

replace things as they break or wear out.

-dogtown max

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
You have reached the pinnacle of Maslove's Hierarchy of needs. I envy you, sir

·
Registered
206 Posts
Me too!

I have had quite a few Harleys over the past 6 or 7 years. My latest one is a 2001 Heritage that I bought back in the spring. I haven't had the slightest desire to load it up with accessories. I guess I have finally reached the point where I figure if it isn't for comfort or performance, I don't need it.
As someone once told me, "No one really gives a s...t what your bike looks like except YOU and "Chrome don't get you home".
I am happy with my bike just the way it is.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Wait until something fails, and replace it with better.
Put quite a bit into mine this year, and got lots of ugrades for this winter if I can arrange the $.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
My first Harley was a new '91 FLHTC and I thought it needed quite a bit of chrome added. I also thought I needed a Harley Tee from every town I went through that had a dealer. I guess I grew up (or got fed up)! I now consider all that money wasted and have no further interest in those things. I'll ride the bikes the way they are delivered, basically. If it's for safety, function, or performance, I'll consider it. Otherwise, I pass. Have an '06 Ultra on order and am getting the stage 1 package, because I know I'll want a little more power and sound than I have with my '04 Lowrider. Oh, a backrest also for this aging back!

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
The faster mine goes, the less i care about how fast it LOOKS :D

OH YEAH!! You are sick, the only cure is a brand new parts catalogues from Harley, Custom Chrome, J&P and Drag Specialties. Spend a couple hours a day alone with em for ten days. It is garunteed you'll be ringing up the credit card balances!!
TA DA!! You're Cured!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's okay to quit. But please keep in mind that the resale value of your bike instantly skyrockets when you reach the "Over $4,000 in Extras" mark. ;)

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
WideOne said:
I haven't bought a single new part, piece of chrome or any snake oil product for my bike in over SIX months!
Been longer than that for me. It's normal.

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
I am in to the making instead of buying mode! I design and custom make my own Gee Gaws. I like to be different!:ntlgh: :Banadance

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Only a few more parts for mine and then I'll be through too. Just ordered the tach. Then the only thing left will be the hand grips.

After that the only changes will be engine mods. No more cosmetic.

I did the same thing to the sporty.

·
Registered
248 Posts
caveat emptor big time

I hear you on this.
Unfortunately, this is when I usually want a new bike... or boat...or truck...or gun......you get the idea! :nope:

ace57
'05 FXDL "molly"

·
Registered
213 Posts
I don't think you need a shrink, but I think you need to come over and sit in my garage. We'll put on some tunes...maybe Stevie Ray or Bo Diddley...pop a cool one and meditate on what we have already done. Kind of a Zen experience for road tramps.

·
Banned
4,121 Posts
P 0 P E Y E said:
HAH! :roflback: :roflback: :roflback:

and you were starting to wonder if ANYONE got it ...

·
Registered
8,786 Posts

·
Seasoned and Baked
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
P 0 P E Y E said:
OK, I admit it. I had to look this up. Wow, some pretty heady stuff coming from this group of supposed biker trash! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts