V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I know I'm new here. I won't mention any names. I belong to a couple of other forums, and visit a few more. I keep coming back to VTF.

I e-mailed and left a voicemail for a VTF sponser.I got a E-mail AND a phone call back.

Have you ever wanted to buy something, and asked alot of questions? Ever feel like the person had other things to do, and you were taking up to much of their time?

This person spent over 20 minutes on the phone with me (long distance). This person sent photos regarding the product. This person earned my business.

My project will be worked on this winter. When I finish it, I'll post who this sponser is.

Bottom line, talk to VTF sponsers. You may be pleasantly surprised.

If I get flamed for this, so be it. I just wanted to give my opinion.

Ride Safe - Ken

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
:nono:
05FLHRI said:
Hey guys,

I know I'm new here. I won't mention any names. I belong to a couple of other forums, and visit a few more. I keep coming back to VTF.

I e-mailed and left a voicemail for a VTF sponser.I got a E-mail AND a phone call back.

Have you ever wanted to buy something, and asked alot of questions? Ever feel like the person had other things to do, and you were taking up to much of their time?

This person spent over 20 minutes on the phone with me (long distance). This person sent photos regarding the product. This person earned my business.

My project will be worked on this winter. When I finish it, I'll post who this sponser is.

Bottom line, talk to VTF sponsers. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Ride Safe - Ken
What's up with that?...
Just wait, I'll tell you who did me a good turn.....
What kinda crap is that? Either you you got good service or you didn't! If you don't know yet for sure, then don't say anything....

WE WANNA KNOW NOW!!! WHO IS IT??

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
cool

gotta ask...why do you think you'd get flamed for this post? There are a LOT of good people here...maybe sometimes folks can seem as if somebody pissed in their cheerios this morning , but a ton of knowledgeable posters. I've got a lot of respect for many regulars here, even if my opins differ. Glad you had a good experience...hope your project goes well.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
adlerx said:
What's up with that?...
What kinda crap is that? Either you you got good service or you didn't! If you don't know yet for sure, then don't say anything....

Because I'm a FNG. I don't want to be accused of being a guy who came to this forum trying to sell goods.

I have not bought anything yet. I was just trying to point out that I had a good experience, which I'm not used to.

I do not feel comfortable stating a name since I haven't recieved any goods or services yet.

Take my post for what it is - a GOOD experience.:yes:

Take Care - Ken

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1bdBagr said:
gotta ask...why do you think you'd get flamed for this post? There are a LOT of good people here...maybe sometimes folks can seem as if somebody pissed in their cheerios this morning , but a ton of knowledgeable posters. I've got a lot of respect for many regulars here, even if my opins differ. Glad you had a good experience...hope your project goes well.
I wasn't trying to invite flaming. I've just seen product whoring in the past. Since I'm so new, I felt that I needed to defend myself in advance.

I know that there are alot of VERY knowledgeable people here. That is why I keep finding my way back here.

I had no intention of pissing anybody off.

Ride Safe - Ken

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
On the one hand it's great to hear something positive about this fine forum and a potential consumer getting proper and professional service assistance through a site vender.

On the other hand, 05flhri's avatar is holding an AK 47. That Ak is not, I repeat NOT a US made gun. In-fact that gun was the bad guys gun and still is.

I think only American made guns should be represented on this forum..........oh Did I say that out loud?...........sorry. Never mind.

·
3,465 Posts
A nice wholesome AR or even Thompson..........I hope you realize that half of the post was a J/K

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
05FLHRI said:
I've just seen product whoring in the past.
Not much product whoring allowed on this board. The mods run a tight ship.:clap:

Not to be confused with POST WHORING which is running rampant!!! Not to mention any names...

Welcome to the board. I appreciate our sponsors (as I think most here do) and hope everyone will support them!

·
Shithead
4,836 Posts
05FLHRI said:
Because I'm a FNG. I don't want to be accused of being a guy who came to this forum trying to sell goods.
Don't worry about it.

You're right that direct offers for sale are restricted to sponsors, but recommending a sponsor or relating a good tale of one is fine, and in fact encouraged.

Responding to a member's request for a product or supplier is fine, too, though if you point to your own business that would be better done by PM (sponsors excepted, of course).

While we're at it, though, we do expect beefs to be taken care of privately, though these are thankfully very rare and I've only ever seen it happen on private sales, not with a sponsor.

·
Shithead
4,836 Posts
Stevtt said:
I don't know AK is a nice weapon but he's kinda small. Maybe he should switch to a good sub like the MP-5
Not that I would ever wish to be a source of controversy, but I would take an AK over an MP at any range over 10 feet.

'Course, I'd take my own over either, but then I'm an old bastard, so what do I know :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
adlerx said:
What's up with that?...

Uhhhh, maybe he's waiting for the order to arrive before letting us know. It ain't over till it's over, the parts are at hand, installed, and proven to work.

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
05FLHRI said:
Hey guys,

Ride Safe - Ken
Broadview Heights? Isn't that just a nice way of saying Parma? How much time does it take to buy a pair of white socks anyways?

·
3,465 Posts
A guy tries to post a positive experience associated with a forum sponsor.

He should not get flamed for that.

We can find other reasons to flame one another.....and did

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
What a bunch of hard asses.

It would be nice to know who the hell you are talking about however.

The secretive thing is kind of out since 9/11.

·
Shithead
4,836 Posts
P 0 P E Y E said:
A guy tries to post a positive experience associated with a forum sponsor.

He should not get flamed for that.

We can find other reasons to flame one another.....and did
Just a personal view, there is no forum policy as such, but I kinda like to see a little edge around the place. A hint of uncertainty makes things more interesting. JimmyK used to explain it as like walking into a biker bar. There should be a hint of danger about the place, otherwise its no fun :D

We're all big boys and girls, with fairly robust views and ways of putting them. I think good natured ribbing adds to the fun, as long as it doesn't spill over into outright conflict. Then somebody's screen goes blank :brows:

Hell, this is the internet. Nobody is running any real risks. We can afford to let rip a bit. It's all in fun.

·
3,465 Posts
I read and understand your post Pete as I insert the full clip into the handle, release the slide (ching) and look around.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts