V-Twin Forum banner

I picked some new mirrors but need some advice

763 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  VRodDrew 
#1 ·
Picked out some new mirrors for the rod, however they do not have the stem bolts like the factory ones do to connect the turn signals to. Now I know I could just get the turn signal relocation brackets but I like them where they are. The mirros are Paul Yaffe power mirrors with the power bar. I emailed the company and they got back to me within 2 hours, talk about fast customer service!! Anyway they said I could just go to the hardware store and pick up a 6" piece of all-thread 5/16 fine thread bar to replace the existing mirror arm and cut it to length. But I was wondering a few things, first is there already something out there from a parts place that has this for just this type of thing. If not and I have to go to the hardware store I am wondering if there is anything special i need to do or look for to protect against corrosion.

Heres a pic of the mirrors.

See less See more
#2 ·
Damn those are wild lookin mirrors! As for corrosion resistance there was an earlier thread that mentioned a *shark skin* product used to coat metal...look back in the ealrier VRSC thread, alot of products and links were mentioned and it was very informative.

#4 ·
Safety concern..

I hate to bring this up, but the sharp corners on those mirrors look pretty lethal if you were ever to go over the bars. I'm a little surprised that the products' liability folks let them even sell something like that to go on the front end of a motor vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.