V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I probably won't sleep that well tonight. Despite all my aprehension, I am pretty excited to be picking up my 08 dark blue pearl RG tomorrow. I bought all my prevous harleys used so this is my first brand new bike! I know I'll miss my 01 RG that I traded in because I had it the way I wanted it but it's time to embrace the new. Gonna be a long 24 hours......
I'll post up some pics tomorrow evening....
~!Awesome! :thumbsup: :banana: ?prty:

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get there a little bit early. That way, you can take your time and fully absorb the experience. Look at all the bikes, accessories, motorclothes, etc., then walk over to your sales guy and tell him "let's do this!".

Congrats on the new ride. You're right... you won't sleep tonight, but try to rest up as you'll need it tomorrow!

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Well congrats X...Hope the delivery of the bike goes smooth...And be sure to post up first impressions.....good luck.

·
In the wind and Loving it
363 Posts
COOL, Just be careful when you hit the road. Some day I to will buy me a brand new HD. Until then I'm loving my 01.. She sweet and fast.. Enjoy and ride safe...:wavey:

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MrBill said:
COOL, Just be careful when you hit the road... She sweet and fast.. Enjoy and ride safe...:wavey:
Sure, you had to go mention fast! The thing I'll be missing the most...

FOR NOW!!!!:whistle: :D

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hoosierhog88 said:
Do yourself a favor and get there a little bit early. That way, you can take your time and fully absorb the experience. Look at all the bikes, accessories, motorclothes, etc., then walk over to your sales guy and tell him "let's do this!".

Congrats on the new ride. You're right... you won't sleep tonight, but try to rest up as you'll need it tomorrow!
Yeah Hoosier, I was told after 3pm but there's no way I can hang out here all day waiting to get there after three! They are having one of their giant dealer open house dog and pony shows today and I hate crowds and there will be a huge one there so that's a problem but I can probably embrace the experience. There will be free food and I hate passing up a free meal! I'll tell you all about it later.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
You will love your glide, enjoy it! Post some pictures. Its a great feeling to ride out of the Dealership on a brand new spankin ride.
Mike
07 Fltr~!Awesome! :xhere:

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
and i hope the weather is good for ya too. i went home the first day in a downpour. that sucked

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got it home without incident(except the crying over seperation anxiety over my old bike...), sorry about no pics, it was late when I got home and it rained today. I'll post up a report with pics in a new thread soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts