V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't had a bike for 15 years. Four of us shared a '74 Sportster in college in Akron Ohio. We all road it to class and left it for the next guy. Sometimes it would dissapear for days because a friend of a friend would borrow it. It was easy to borrow because we never locked it and when temps hit below 32 we kept it idling or it would never start. I think it was actually titled under a long since dead uncle-in-law of a friends girlfriends cousin. I do know the California plates were bad cause non of us ever set foot in California. When we graduated we left in our rental house (the living room of course).

A degree, debt and four kids later I had a "fatherhood" moment and made the mistake of asking how much my daughters dance lessons were. Three days later the order went in on a Fatboy. Just got delivered last week and I've put 50 really cold miles on it. Just like old times except it starts, all the parts are the same color and I'm a lot fatter. By the way, what's all that shiny stuff? People tell me that's what chrome looks like but there's no brown spots. Is Harley pulling something on me?

Payments are about the same as her dance lessons. Hope she can handle those student loans. I just blew her first years tuition. I owe it all to my first born!

:chopper:

·
Registered
340 Posts
I think it's about time we start living for ouselves once in awhile. Hope you are enjoying yourself.

Welcome to the forum where fun is had by all.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Congrats!! Post up often and enjoy!

·
Registered
78 Posts
congrats on the new bike....

I rode up until my first daughter was born then being a "responsible" Dad I sold the bike.. 14 years and 2 daughters later my wife told me she wanted to go to law school to which I replied Great! I'm going buy a Harley.. life's great when dreams come true... :cheers:

Mike

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. great life story, now just add some miles and smiles to it, of course when the weather permits. I woke up and there's some white stuff on the grass this morning. spring in Michigan means it'll be warm in about a week or so, same for my Ohio neighbor.

Good luck and ride safe.

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
:welcome: to our VTF ?prty:

Good intro you'll find there are lots of great folks and infro around here, post early and often.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Great story and welcome. I raised my daughter for years as a single dad then she went to live with her mom at 14. Three weeks after her 18th birthday and my last child support payment I bought my bike. It had been almost 15 years with no scoot for me. It's good to give yourself a little reward for doing all the stand up things required of you as a parent. Enjoy the great folks here and rack up lotsa miles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts