V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never could figure the meaning of "if ya gotta ask, you wouldn't understand". I've ridden every kind of bike over the last fifty one years of riding, and each one has something special about it. Harleys have great bottom-end torque, but so do Beemers. Harleys have great vibration, but Royal Stars will shake your teeth out. Harleys have style, but Excelsior Hendersons have style in spades... So what's not to understand?
"Loud pipes destroy eardrums"

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
But Consider This

Yep, maybe and also something else to consider.........Ya don't go to a whorehouse to get a cup of coffee and a kiss. Heard that last night.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
GrampsWyatt said:
Yep, maybe and also something else to consider.........Ya don't go to a whorehouse to get a cup of coffee and a kiss. Heard that last night.
Yep, we all go for the beer.

RT

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I'm not sure what you're gettin at, ya ride a Harley? You picked it for a reason....

·
Registered
906 Posts
johngary said:
Never could figure the meaning of "if ya gotta ask, you wouldn't understand". I've ridden every kind of bike over the last fifty one years of riding, and each one has something special about it. Harleys have great bottom-end torque, but so do Beemers. Harleys have great vibration, but Royal Stars will shake your teeth out. Harleys have style, but Excelsior Hendersons have style in spades... So what's not to understand?
With 9 posts under his belt, he writes this stuff. Anyone smell a troll???

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
johngary said:
Never could figure the meaning of "if ya gotta ask, you wouldn't understand".
Maybe the people that say this are just not smart enough to articulate the reasons they ride a Harley. The reasons are many and varied. Everyone has their own personal reasons.

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
HDtwice said:
I think not. How many posts are required before someone is allowed to state their mind?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shaw_2112 said:
I'm not sure what you're gettin at, ya ride a Harley? You picked it for a reason....
I've had five Harleys. The others had Thunderheaders - not too loud for my taste .... I picked the latest Harley on impulse - it was my wife who had the heaviest hand in the pickin. One thing I've found out in forty years of marriage and sixty five years of living: to most women, everything is jewelry - even motorcycles. It's just one more fashion accessory...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HDtwice said:
It always amuses me when people equate volumes of internet posts with real life experiences.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good answer!:thanks:
miles to go said:
Maybe the people that say this are just not smart enough to articulate the reasons they ride a Harley. The reasons are many and varied. Everyone has their own personal reasons.

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
doggiedave said:
I think that it's way too early in the day to start throwing rocks at new members! Weclome to the forum Johngary
I'll second that welcome. Always good to see new experienced riders joining the forum.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I don't know if you wear a helmet or not but wind does more damage to your ear drums then wind anyday. The pipes are for sound performance and alertness of others. IMHO
jeff

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
If you have to ask - When you ride one, you'll know. I always liked HDs, the first time I rode one made me like them even more. Maybe some like other bikes better, the HD is for me.

I have never riden an early 50s Chief, though. I might like that one even better.

·
Registered
204 Posts
johngary said:
In over 35 years of riding (Harleys and others), I've never heard anyone actually say this to someone else. It seems to be one of those Harley-internet-forum things that someone all puffed up because they'd bought a Harley and thought they were joining some sort of exclusive club threw out there and it stuck.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts