V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading out to look at buying an '02 FLSTFI in a little while. The bike is bone stock, which is nice so I don't have to undo what others have done to make the bike the way I want it. The only question I have about it is the fact that it has a little over 10,000 miles on it. Should I be worried about that or not? He says the bike is perfect and it looks very clean in the pictures. Have there been any issues with softails that I should be looking for because of the milage, or am I worrying over nothing?
Keep in mind I live in Mass. so there is only about 7 good months of riding because of winter.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Hey PP,

10k is nothing but a break in.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:cool: I just thought it was a lot of miles for only being a year old

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
I bought my Y2KFLHRCI 02/18/00. When I smashed it 05/04/02 it had better than 51k on it and was running like a champ.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Pleasure Pig,

The miles wouldn't bother me, as long as you think the price is right. I'd also ask if any maintenance has been done and if there are records to prove it.

I bought a bagger with 40,000 miles on it and it ran like a champ til I sold it several years later.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got home from looking at the bike. It's very clean, if you didnt know the milage, you'd think it had 1,000 on it instead of 10,000. The price is right considering around here the new Fat Boys are going for about 3,000 over msrp. I need to think about it , but will probably buy it.:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
How much? $$$

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
That may be high my friend. New ~~~~>

MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE US $15,795.00
CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS
CARB
ESPFI
US $290.00
US $100.00
ESPFI US $600.00
FREIGHT US $210.00
COLOR OPTION Two-Tone - US $585.00
Pearl - US $240.00
SECURITY SYSTEM US $275.00

If you are going to pay him cash, hell I'd go ahead and find a brand new one for that.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can't find a new one around here for that price. New stealers are charging about 3K over msrp and will not drop there prices, I've looked.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Does the guy have clear title?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes, and the bike was from Virginia (as is the title) which explans more miliage than you'd normally see up here in Boston.

Less snow=more miles

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
You paying cash then?

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
What % is state tax to transfer?

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Hey, I live in Mass and have 45,000 on my 2000 road glide. I think it has low mileage. Would you consider buying out of state and riding/shipping it home ??? Might be cheaper, Fu(k the Mass stealers !!!

·
Registered
985 Posts
That's a fair price for a 02 FB.
The mileage is a little high, but the fact that it is stock tells me the owner wasn't concerned too much about max. performance. It has prob. been babied.

·
Registered
105 Posts
This time of year you could probably get a brand new bike for 18,500. I would offer 15500 cash. Look up on e-bay that will give you an idea

1 - 19 of 19 Posts