V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I am on the fluid pills diet and have lost a pants size. My left foot was a little numb from too much fluid, but even before that problem arose I was as my doctor says obese. How did that happen? I wore a size 38 at the time of that description and felt comfortable. Well after hernia operation, couple strokes and a broke ankle camped out on the couch hasn't helped my physique a bit.

I have tried laying off sugar drinks, 2 coffees cream and sugar, ice water most of the day. Salt isn't fattening so a couple shots of tequila and lime or 1 shot of white lightning with sliced strawberries and strawberry Koolaid makes for a relaxing evening. I started liking scotch lately. Anyone drink that? I limit myself on alcohol as I am an alcoholic, but these are trying times and I need an excuse. What would Buffaloguy say?lol

I asked Sett what he did to stay trim and he said he never cared for dairy products not even a glass of milk. Nothing like scotch and milk. I have refrained from eating a gallon of chocolate ice cream in my freezer so long that when I looked at it yesterday it was freezer burnt. Either way I look at it I need to lose some more weight.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
I gotta lose 30-35 to be back at my "happy" weight. Between my foot injury and this whole Wuhan garbage, I've gain 20+ pounds. I've leveled off and have started riding my bicycle 2-6 miles in the morning. Not really losing any weight but stuff is starting to fit better.....LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
First off, I have to ask... Is that picture photoshoped??
Second, Scotch is good. But I don't add anything to it except ice and let it sit for around ten minutes. I used to love it, now I just enjoy it.
Third, if you can handle it and not eat ANY carbs or sugar, you WILL lose weight.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Limit your salt intake to 1200 milligrams a day, about a teaspoon. Read the nutrition label on everything you eat, and never eat anything they can hand you through a window. You will be back to slayin the ladies in no time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't want to slay the ladies those days are past. My wife is my soul and I say that in case any of my relatives are lurking this forum.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I pretty much OD' myself. I was (still am) taking 50 mg of Norco daily for pain management and then washing down 10mg of Valium at night along with my blood pressure medicine with a couple fingers of bourbon. It went bad. My heart rate was 46 and I felt terrible. Ended up in the ER. Bit of advice...dont trust any EKG phone app! Stopped the valium and the bourbon (heart broken) and was given an anti inflammatory diet along with no sugar, no salt, and only very few carbs. Lost 20 lbs! Started having more energy and less pain. I am moving more now. I force myself to do something productive that exerts me daily. Sometimes if you want it bad enough you have give some things up.

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I pretty much OD' myself. I was (still am) taking 50 mg of Norco daily for pain management and then washing down 10mg of Valium at night along with my blood pressure medicine with a couple fingers of bourbon. It went bad. My heart rate was 46 and I felt terrible. Ended up in the ER. Bit of advice...dont trust any EKG phone app! Stopped the valium and the bourbon (heart broken) and was given an anti inflammatory diet along with no sugar, no salt, and only very few carbs. Lost 20 lbs! Started having more energy and less pain. I am moving more now. I force myself to do something productive that exerts me daily. Sometimes if you want it bad enough you have give some things up.
You should try Morton's salt substitute. Be careful a little goes a long way. I bought one and gave it to the husband of an aide who was taking care of my wife and you would have thought I was a hero to the man. People who have to eat salt free food are hesitant to try another substitute. This one is good as I made lasagna with it. My wife loved it until I let her know I used the fake salt then she decided it wasn't so good.lol Mrs. Dash has a good blend of spices and is great on broiled chicken, but it doesn't have even the slightest hint of salt taste.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Cap, I'm suppose to be at 180, I actually weigh 325 and lost 40 pounds with that.

15 years ago I lost all my weight on the WW plan, it worked but old habits came back weight came back. Did the low carb thing, it worked but old habits came back. Did the Keto Diet and it worked but old habits came back.

What I have learned from it all is everything was about quantity and size of meal no matter the style of diet and sticking to routines. Blow my routine and I may binge eat for 2 weeks. I have to stay on routine, so no out to eat for me, I can't trust myself lol.

It's hard to stick to, I love food and the worse food you can eat. So I know it is coming down to how much I eat. Stay active on something daily even if its going to the pharmacy lol. , don't stop moving.

I watched my pop just plant himself on the couch, he stopped coming over each day to my house and with in 3 years he got so big and weak, he was bed ridden for 12 more years, his mind was sharp but body was done and it was torture to him. A miserable way to live out in my opinion.

eat small, your gonna stay hungry, I haven't found a cure for that lol and just do something daily, keep moving.

We should start a off topic daily blog on what we did for the day and ate for the day? Help one another out.

I'm not a breakfast eater, so I skip a breakfast except on weekends, I have been eating just one item at lunch being if its a burger or a corndog or a bag of chips at dinner I eat 2 items, I don't load up 4 items on my plate right now, I'm trying lol and at night for snack is decafe coffee, or bowl of cereal or a yogurt. Sometimes I go to bed early so I don't eat lol

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yeah that's really the secret, stay hungry and keep moving! I have tried salt and sugar substitutes. Try to avoid fake stuff. Really don't salt anything. I can't eat a Macdonalds burger now. They are so salty it makes me gag! I eat oatmeal with apples and raisins and cinnamon now as sweeteners. Well not the cinnamon, that's just for flavor.

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My doctor lost weight by accident. He always wanted to live in an old farmhouse so he found one with a few acres. He did the usual insulating the walls, electric and a few windows other than that it is original. He liked the kitchen cabinets, but couldn't fit his 12" plates in the cabinet and bought a 9" plate set. He was filling his plate and was losing weight until he figured out what was causing the loss.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
we always use something to help us through our emotions. Booze, Narcotics, Food and sex and all 4 cause our problems Ha!

Viscous cycle!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Low to no simple carbs. Balance of protein, good fats and complex carbs. For weight loss, 500 and 1000 calories on alternating days. Approx 1500 - calories/day once you hit your point - depending on age and activity level. In general: don't eat after mid-late afternoon, abstain or go real easy on alcohol, exercise. You want to balance intake with calorie burn each day.

I lost 70 lbs. Gained some back deliberately and been holding steady for several years now. Sometimes I splurge and gain a few - like during holidays. I get back to a weight-loss regimen and trim back down, holding to a 5 lb range. Formula is simple: it's all about what, how much and when we eat. Discipline is key. Much, much easier said than done and a constant struggle - for me anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used to have that metabolism like that, could eat and eat and stayed around the 1teens weight.

Weighed 111 when enter the U.S. Army, 1976, 20 years later, retarded.....uuuhhhh....retired, I weighed 111.

Go figure..............I tell everyone I've gained a whole person, weigh wise.

2001, stopped smoking, blood pressure, cholesterol issue came about, now I weigh 233 as of this morning.

Feet and knees are killing.

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What I need is a valve surgically implanted on the side of my neck. I could taste all the wonderful fatty sweet foods. All the greasy fried in trans fat pork chops and ribeyes. Twist open the valve so the calories fall into a bucket at my side. The outside cats would have a feast twice a day.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
What I need is a valve surgically implanted on the side of my neck. I could taste all the wonderful fatty sweet foods. All the greasy fried in trans fat pork chops and ribeyes. Twist open the valve so the calories fall into a bucket at my side. The outside cats would have a feast twice a day.

You could try the finger down the throat trick, or unless your gag reflex is superior to none, then that be another conversation to have :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts