V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're bypassing Sturgis this year...and are going to Glacier National Park. Anyone been through there? I also need ideas for some great roads, (Mountains and "Twisties" are encouraged) anywhere in Idaho, and neat places to stay and see.

Thanks, folks.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
First thing that comes to mind in ID is Coeur d' Alene. Neat place and the ride around the lake is a good day ride. One of the best steakhouses you ever run into, called Wolf Lodge, on the north side of I90 to the east of town just before the road starts to climb.

The road coming out of Yellowstone from the south thru Jackson Hole following the bank of the Snake river (Rt 20 ????). Sorry CRS

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was there last summer. Some say that riding Going to the sun road is best done from west to east but there ain’t no good places to stay on the east side. We ended up in some overpriced dump in BFE. We got our money back and made it back around the bottom of the park to the west side. We found a good selection of places to stay in White Fish and Kalispell. Both are relatively close to the park. Curley Bear restaurant on the east side of the park makes a mean Buffalo burger.
When you are done there, take Highway 2 through Libby and Troy to Bonners Ferry, ID
Absolutely beautiful ride. We stayed at a cheap but clean motel called Kootenai Valley or something like that. There is a little restaurant about 8, short, beautiful, miles from there called Deep Creek Inn. About a mile or so from the famed Ruby Ridge where Randy Weaver went off. Best dinner of the summer there.
If you are around Sandpoint, ID, take a ride up Swietzer Mt. You can see forever on a clear day. They also usually have concerts there in the summer. The city beach has no shortage of hotties in bikinis.
If you like twisties, like the Hippo said, a ride around Coeur d’Alene lake will get you all you want.
If you end up near Missoula, MT, LoLo pass is a great ride. They have hot springs up there. And the road has just been re-done.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Hope you're still looking for Idaho ridin' ideas. The Feb. issue of American Motorcyclist has "Ride Guide: Idaho" as its cover story and devotes 15 pages to ridin' in Idaho. If you are not an AMA member, you can see the article on the AMA web site.

http://www. ama-cycle.org/index.asp If you have trouble with the link, do a search for AMA or American Motorcycle Association and go to their home page.

Everything you'd every want to know about ridin' in Idaho. Impressive article. Now, I want to ride there!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts