V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hubby seems to have taken care of that for me. Heck, he's even already posted a picture of me (thanks dear:mad: ) and my ride. Hey, beauty queen I'm not. Purty little bike though huh? Anyway, yes I am sidewalk's wife, and no I am not here to keep him in line. I always have wanted a bike and have always heard amazing things about owners, so I will try to visit as often as my schedule allows.

As all of you already know, yes I have already laid my bike down twice. She doesn't seem to be holding it against me though. In fact she has been taking really good care of me. Can't really stay off of her till the safety course, since they prefer you take your own bike and that means riding her to the class. I am definately looking forward to taking it though.

I have to make a pause here to publicly tell you what a great guy I married. I can't thank him enough for indulging me and getting me this bike. He can talk crap about his wallet all he wants, but when I crashed, it wasn't the bike he was looking at with such concern. And yes, he does embaress me sometimes, but I knew that when I married him.

Oh and I'll let you in on a little secret... Both our dogs (Rot Mix and a Staffy) Sleep in the bed with us. We don't have a doghouse, Our place IS the doghouse.;)

Anyway, I'll stop boring all of you now...I wanna go ride.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Damn, that means I'm always in the dog house!:D

It's okay, the bikes in my name :D

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Welcome aboard, Crash! We need more ladies around here. Post often and be sure to let us know how the class went!

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Welcome crash, I think you're going to like it here. We love our bikes. We may have a whacky sense of humor here at times but we respect all riders. We especially like to see women riders participate in our forum. I can tell that sidewalk is a good man, he brought you here. He knows a first class forum when he sees it. :D .Post often.... Join in on some fun...tell us of your experiences...we like to hear the latest on what our members are up too.

Later,

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Welcome aboard. It's fun here. Now what's with those handles? Sidewalk RotMix Staffy Crash? Kind of has a little jingle to it, huh?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok-

Just a quick update, I think you all have gotten the gist that I have no prior riding experience. Well, I just got back from running some errands around town and I just had to share with you, I am LOVING this!:D
Every time I get on that bike I enjoy it more and feel more natural.

·
Registered
629 Posts
fourhour said:
Welcome aboard. It's fun here. Now what's with those handles? Sidewalk RotMix Staffy Crash? Kind of has a little jingle to it, huh?
Sidewalk - Long story, but I got it while in some training as a mechanic in the USCG.

Rot Mix - My dog is a Rottweiler mix.

Staffy - My wifes dog is a Staffordshire Terrier.

Crash - Some close friends of ours came up with that with the previous 2 for 2 record she was going with:D

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Hey, Crash is a memorable name. ;) No one on the H/D Forum will forget her!!!!

Welcome aboard, Crash. Enjoy that bike. Be safe and take the msf course next month.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Crash, Good luck to you. I too am new to this. Went riding after work today too! Can't get enough of it. Got my permit early October, later that month I bought a Sporty in Florida on word of mouth. (relative informed me of the deal) Was originally planning on driving down during bike week to get it but could'nt wait. Felt like a kid at Christmas with the box under the tree that says, "Do Not Open Until Christmas!" Had it shipped up here and got it the day after Thanksgiving. Had a relatively snow-less Winter and rode whenever I got the chance, approx 1500 miles so far! Scheduled for the safety course for late June because I was stupid and put it off bewaiting for someone to join me. Automatically get the license endorsement upon completion of the course. Anyway, to paraphrase others here, "Keep the rubberside down", and enjoy. BTW, my tag comes from an incident that took place in a Chinese eatery and the nickname given to me and my Bride (Fivehour) by the owners. When signing up for internet service it only stood to reason that I use it. Always, Fourhour!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum,Crash!

Glad you & Sidewalk joined us,PLEASE be careful out there!!

Both of you fit right in.It's great to share your passion with your significant other,isn't it?

Post often & keep us updated.
guido

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fourhour said:
BTW, my tag comes from an incident that took place in a Chinese eatery and the nickname given to me and my Bride (Fivehour) by the owners. When signing up for internet service it only stood to reason that I use it. Always, Fourhour!
OK... My curiousity is peaked. If it isn't too much to ask could you please share this tale with the peanut gallery? I admit I'm dying to hear this one!

Yes, guido, you're right. But I count myself more than likely luckier than most. My hubby and I have shared a lot together, and thats just so far!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BTW

... I think my hubby mentioned I have never been big on message boards. Most of that seems to be from listening to him gripe about all the nuts on the boards he's gone in bragging bout doing 130 down a main street and managing to only kill one of the 2 old ladies in the street (if you see what I mean).

Since even before my first post, everyone has always stressed safety, and expressed concern about my safety and well-being. Now I am sure that none of you want to see a good bike wasted, but it sure is nice to know that there is a group of people who, without even knowing me, care about their own.

Thanks guys, you have ensured that I will in fact post often.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Okay Crash and others, here goes!

Went for a drink at the China Place. Had'nt been there in quite a while. Knew the bartender/owner (John) from the previous times I had been there but did not know the newer (Willie) guy. After waiting for what seemed like an eternity, John approached me and I said in a sarcastic chinese like accent, "It's about time, I be waiting fourhour!" (Stolen from a stand up comic routine I had seen on tv. And no, it was'nt Louie Anderson! John Pleshette or some other French name.) Back to the story: The following week I went back and Willie approached me and said, What you tell my boss you wait fourhour for?" We became very good friends, he always called me "Fourhour" after that and we still keep in touch as he lives in Boston and the joint is long gone.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :p

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Welcome aboard Crash. Great story "fourhour"<in best chinese accent>:D

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Yeah, I like to tell it with a chinese accent! Willie even called my Bride, "Fivehour".

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome Crash,
It was just a few days ago that I was the newest member and everyone made me feel so welcome. My husband is planning on joining too. I think this will be so much fun. Enjoy your ride!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hello and welcome, Crash! Glad to hear your getting more comfortable on that Blast! Not to take anything away from this forum - it's a GREAT place with great people...but, there's another women's Harley forum that would love to hear from you! Feel free to stop by and post your thoughts or questions...;) By the way...I probably spend half my workday perusing through all the biker forums! Shhh...don't tell my boss! LOL

http://forums.delphiforums.com/womanrider/start/

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
nscrbug said:
Not to take anything away from this forum - it's a GREAT place with great people...but, there's another women's Harley forum that would love to hear from you!
Cool...since you visit both boards and post a link to the other one here, maybe you can do the same and post a link to this forum on your other one.....we like to share our favorite forum as well as othe'rs like to share their's. We have a new lady bikers lair right here.

Thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts