V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 Dyna lowrider and I am stretching out the tank. I need a lowprofile seat that would fit the tank and keep the profile line of the bike smooth and not stick up in the air by the tank. The challenge is that the tank brackets on the 04 dynas are in the seat line. I was thinking of a la pera seat or modify the tank brackets to allow for a seat. please help

Philip

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,
what about fabricating your own seat? I´ve done so on my 94 LowRider, had the look that I wanted and spent a lot of money. It´s not as difficult as you think. You just need to cover the bike´s frame in the seat area with some thin plastic foil ( like for sandwiches ) an then form your own groundplate with fiberglass and resin. The plate will fit perfectly on the frame. Cut the plate to your desired form and upholster it with the right material from an upholstery. Its glued to the groundplate. Then cut the upholster with an electric kitchen knife into the form you need and bring it to a professional upholstery to cover the seat with your desired material ( leather? ). If you want an example, tell me your email adress and I´ll send you some pictures of the process from my own seat. The final work of the upholstery cost me 100€ and leads to an ultraprofessional look.
Regards
271ABN

1 - 2 of 2 Posts