V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tired of getting the watered down crap in the tiny tubes at Pep Boys and Autozone. I want to order some bigger bottles that will last awhile but since LocTite has so many damn numbers I don't know which one to get. I need a number for BLUE med. strength and RED super duty strength. Also any of you techs out there know the best place to order from?

Thanks, rpbrock

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
rpbrock said:
I'm tired of getting the watered down crap in the tiny tubes at Pep Boys and Autozone. I want to order some bigger bottles that will last awhile but since LocTite has so many damn numbers I don't know which one to get. I need a number for BLUE med. strength and RED super duty strength. Also any of you techs out there know the best place to order from?

Thanks, rpbrock
rpbrock,

Do yourself a favor and order a bottle of Locktite X-NMS (nitromethanol).

Nitromethanol dissolves Locktite and makes removal and clean up a snap.

Very difficult to find locally but McMaster-Carr carries it.

regards,

wyo

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.... as usual... YOU ROCK! Have a Merry One!

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
Grainger in Plano...(972)423-2127

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got a bottle of the Locktite X-NMS.... damn... ouch... that hurt my tite-ass wallet. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
wyodude said:
rpbrock,

Do yourself a favor and order a bottle of Locktite X-NMS (nitromethanol).

Nitromethanol dissolves Locktite and makes removal and clean up a snap.

Very difficult to find locally but McMaster-Carr carries it.

regards,

wyo
Where was this crap when I needed it?

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use: blue - #242. 1/4" - 3/4" threads.
Red - # 271 3/8" - 1" threads.

Great products. But the threads must be really clean. I perform a final clean of the threads, male and female, with an oil free product. I use brake cleaner or a stong solution of alcohol.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
I order my Loctite from R. S. Hughes Co. in Fort Worth 817 332 3292. You can also go to www.loctite.com for additional info. If you call Hughes they will send a copy of the Loctite Adhesive Sourcebook that has all of their data. My company works on aircraft components and we use many different products and probably have a lot that have expired shelf life; can't be used for aircraft work after a certain period. PM me and I can send you whatever you need to keep your scoot running.

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the offer berno!!! I had forgotten about Grainger in Addison/Farmers Branch the other day when I was trying to source the stuff. They are just a couple of doors down from where I work. I'm hopefully picking my order up tomorrow if I can beat this DAMN FLU BUG that Santa brought me Christmas Eve. As you know the riding weather here right now is bitchin and I'm stuck in "F"ing bed... and on vacation none the less....

Thanks for the offer anyway!!!! Ride if you can!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts