V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi can anyone tell me please if I remove the balance pipe across the two header Exhaust pipes will this cause me any problems with the running of the motor, i have fitted a mikuni carb & Hypercharger but just want shot of the Balance pipe, I have a 1200 Sportster sport 99`. also I have a problem with the Idle when it starts up from cold the Idle is very low about 850 rpm then after about ten mins into the ride it go`s upto around the 1200 rev`s when I stop say at the lights or a junction etc, so i have to keep compensating between when it is cold and when it gets to its normal operating temperature with the Idle adjuster, as I said I run a Mikuni & Hyperchager with SE-11 Silences, cheers twodogs

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
No need to cross post, we already have you taken care of. Oh yeah, welcome to the forum! You may want to take a minute and introduce yourself in the My Story forum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ditto crossover is not needed.

It's an EPA thing. I have eliminated every crossover on 3 Past H-D'S, absolutely no harmful effects.
stargateops

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks I think that is what I will do and see how my hog runs with that set-up, still got some more things to do like re-new the o-ring at the carb to inlet manifold as think there is a air leek as tick over seems to have a mind of its own, one minute it stays at 1000 - 1100 rpm the next it gos down to about 850rpm, I am running a MIKUNI carb with a HYPERCHARGER, but just can`t seem to get the tick over right I will put a new o-ring in between the carb and manifold and see how that go`s, thanks for all the addvice, cheers,twodogs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help

Many Thanks for the help, just to let you all know that I have now taken away the balance pipe and it has not made any difference to the running of the bike other than the fact it has made it sound a lot better for some reason,

All the best to you all and have a happy Christmas and new year, roll on the summer :clap:
Twodogs

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi two dogs get yourself on the frapper map;) just curious you dont happen to be 'owen two dogs' on a dirt bike forum Im on???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts