V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a map for my 131, heres the info
TMAN 650 Cams, Rinehart TD, hpi 58mm TB with 6.2 injectors, 10.8 cr, right now I'm running the 537 map which is for a 120. Bike is runniing hot(230/235) at 60 degrees going 70 mph. And idling at lights it will see 255/260. fuel mileage is 25. Thunder Max has tech support that will tweak your map but, I can't get the outlook to work.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
I need a map for my 131, heres the info
TMAN 650 Cams, Rinehart TD, hpi 58mm TB with 6.2 injectors, 10.8 cr, right now I'm running the 537 map which is for a 120. Bike is runniing hot(230/235) at 60 degrees going 70 mph. And idling at lights it will see 255/260. fuel mileage is 25. Thunder Max has tech support that will tweak your map but, I can't get the outlook to work.
I just did a JIMS 131 using a TTS, So if you go that route I can help you . But the T-max is going to take you some time or take it and have it adjusted on a dyno. I know that you bought a tuner that you where not going to need a dyno but there are times that it may be your only route. I have used the T max on engines up to 124 and had good and bad results. More good than bad but still you may not be able to avoid the dyno. Even if the dyno tuner can get you in the ball park you should be ok as the tuner then will be able to be close enough to get the job done.

You might try posting in the efi section with better luck.
Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this is a super old post but did you get a tmax map for that setup? I pretty much have the same setup as you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
700 Posts
Looking at the stats for OP, he hasn't been around for about 4 years. I see where he was selling his Thundermax. He said he used it for 2 years and then it sat on the shelf for another 2 years, before he put it up for sale. But that is all ancient history, back in 2011. If I had to bet, I would have to say he never did solve his issues. Looks like he even dumped the 131, went with a smaller combo, and went back to his SERT.
But that could be all wrong. Just what I see in his posts. You know technology has come a long way over the years. There might be better ways of fixing the problem, unless you are determined to make the Thundermax work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looking at the stats for OP, he hasn't been around for about 4 years. I see where he was selling his Thundermax. He said he used it for 2 years and then it sat on the shelf for another 2 years, before he put it up for sale. But that is all ancient history, back in 2011. If I had to bet, I would have to say he never did solve his issues. Looks like he even dumped the 131, went with a smaller combo, and went back to his SERT.
But that could be all wrong. Just what I see in his posts. You know technology has come a long way over the years. There might be better ways of fixing the problem, unless you are determined to make the Thundermax work.
I coming from a carb'd 120 so efi is new territory for me.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Sorry, I'm happily and firmly stuck in the carb days. I spent a few years over in the dark side, with a fuel-in-frame Buell Lightning. It was fun, but not for me. You can't be happy, got to have it perfect.
I look at OP's post, that's worse than all the talk about this main jet, that pilot, yadda, yadda. Change one little detail, have to start all over.

Have you tried looking through the Thundermax web site? They say they have hundreds of base maps. Something should be close enough as a base map for you combo. If not, they have a support form you can fill out to request assistance. Even if OP was unable to use it 11 years ago, they probably have it working by now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you....I still have my carb'd scooter too

I'll go check around on tmax

1 - 7 of 7 Posts