V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, here's a question. I've got an 03 rk with a Mustang superwide touring saddle (one piece) and a detachable backrest. My lady has a bad back and the very top of the backrest hits her right where her back hurts the most. I need to raise the backrest about 4-5 inches.

I want to keep the detachable backrest bracketry because my luggage rack is attached to it. Besides, I don't want to ride around with a "giant" backrest when my lady isn't kicked back behind me.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Jimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Let me know if you find something. Other than fabricating something, I havent been able to find anything.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Do you have the large backrest pad? I started off with the smaller one and it hurt the wife's back. I switched to the large one and that helped. Still isn't as high as the one on my Heritage Softail.

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
edwardohaskillo said:
Okay guys, here's a question. I've got an 03 rk with a Mustang superwide touring saddle (one piece) and a detachable backrest. My lady has a bad back and the very top of the backrest hits her right where her back hurts the most. I need to raise the backrest about 4-5 inches.

I want to keep the detachable backrest bracketry because my luggage rack is attached to it. Besides, I don't want to ride around with a "giant" backrest when my lady isn't kicked back behind me.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Jimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
This the tour pack with Mustang pack pad works very good and it's removable when riding alone.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/...4302286957&bmUID=1140960566664&bmLocale=en_US

1 - 5 of 5 Posts