V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put a Long Rides recurve on my faring it helped some to keep the wind off me. Then I installed fork fangs, more help with the wind them I noticed a gap between the faring and headlight. The wind hits me in the throat and spreads out from there. Here I am with a faring and about to freeze my buns in winter weather.

So I was wondering if anyone has plugged their hole to stop the airflow and what did you use.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I don't have that issue with my rides, but the hardware store will have rolls of foam weatherstrip tape. It comes in various sizes with sticky on one side.

Sent from my coal burning bag phone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Stop washing it and those cracks will fill up eventually :ROFLMAO:

seriously tho, Norm's Idea sounds the route I would take.

·
Registered
59 Posts
When I had my Vstar 1300 the windshield bag sealed that hole. I had head buffeting from the vacuume behind the windshield. Got rid of the bag so the hole was open and lost the vacume and lost the buffeting. Maybe you need a taller windshield.

·
Registered
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stop washing it and those cracks will fill up eventually

seriously tho, Norm's Idea sounds the route I would take.
I was on the 2 lane through the swamp did 90 and it came at me like a sticky snake. I've been over the 100 and she still has more to go.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I had my Vstar 1300 the windshield bag sealed that hole. I had head buffeting from the vacuume behind the windshield. Got rid of the bag so the hole was open and lost the vacume and lost the buffeting. Maybe you need a taller windshield.
I have a useless faring after the rake was changed for easier steering on my trike. Sorta like getting a big wheel on the front. It has a 7" Long Rides recurve, fork fangs and adjustable wings. Each was a step towards less buffeting. I have yet to install the wings as the day was nice I went riding. It is a bit cooler now so I'm sure I'll find the time.

·
Registered
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also installed the fangs, stopped the wind slapping my ribbs. Best of luck Cap.
I will see how the wings work tomorrow the temp will be about 55 and 72 Monday. Love the crazy coastal weather.

·
Registered
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well Cap, how did they work?
Works pretty good almost all the buffeting around my helmet has stopped. Now I can hear all the noises from the engine have to turn up the radio volume.lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts