V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried the mustang seat for FXD ect....I like the stock for me, but the wife complains after about half an hour that the stock seat is too narrow for her.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
The mustang wide touring seat is about the widest you can get for your Dyna. I considered buying one early on because of my wife's complaints. But I bought a narrower sportier seat and bought her a bike of her own! LOL!. Now we are both happy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the Mustang Wide Touring seat on my 2000 FXDL & the wife loves it! I was very concerned about the looks of such a wide seat, but it looks great. Doesn't draw attention at all. Mustang does a good job!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Haven't tried the Mustang, but after the first weekend on our '01 FXDXT the wife said the OE seat must go.
Sprang for a Corbin dual touring from DennisKirk.com & haven't regretted it at all. The seat is simply a non-issue on 300+mile rides.
New to the forum (FNG?) looks good, I like the attention to detail.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Welcome to the dyna section Sobmstr. Jump in where you can and hang on! Do you have a picture of your bike with the seat on it? I would like to see it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thunder said:
I have the Mustang Wide Touring seat on my 2000 FXDL & the wife loves it! I was very concerned about the looks of such a wide seat, but it looks great. Doesn't draw attention at all. Mustang does a good job!

Thunder...Do you have a picture...I only ride 2 up very seldom...but when I do...Well...I wouldn't ride on that either..
How is the support for your lower back, better than the stock??

·
Registered
380 Posts
seats and comfort

Hey guys i to am looking into a new seat,the mustang looks good but the corbin is enviting. but is it all about money or do you just get one that works for the lady of choice. hey my bike does not go any where with out my partner on the back. so how do we make a decision on that. lets take the looks out of it, let me know about the actuall use of both of the touring seats in real use.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mustang Wide Vintage

Just ordered this one through Bigbike $65 cheaper than directly from Mustang.

==============
02 Super Glide

·
Registered
61 Posts
After putting several thousand miles on the Corbin Dual Touring, most with wife on the back, I'd certainly recommend it.
It's true it takes a little breaking in, Corbin says 1500 miles but I don't think it took that long. After some miles your cheek prints are imbedded in the seat! It's certainly the best seat I've ever owned.
About the only complaint is when wearing leather chaps/pants on quick stops there's a tendency to slide forward, but I'm not sure other leather seats would do the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts