V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't even raise my voice when.....(short story made long)......I get home from work on sunday morning at 1130 to get the bike ready for a ride with the guys and I pull in the driveway and immediately sense that something is wrong. The wifey had gone earlier in the day to pick up a ton of grain bags and was gonna leave it in the truck for me to unload. The grain was all unloaded and neatly stacked on the pallet. Uhoh!!!!! Right off the bat I looked toward the Dyna which was not in the usual spot and noticed "Harley fluids" all over the shop floor. I inspected the damage and headed for the house, half expecting to find her dead on the floor from self inflicted gunshot wounds! She apparently tried to move the bike out of the way to start unloading the grain and tried to move the new bike with the forks locked. Over it went on top of her and dangerously close to the Sporty. She climbed out and went to get my neighbor to help her lift it back up. What a mess. Scratches and gas on the new paint job,bent foot peg and shifter, scratched primary, new twist to the handlebars etc. She got a nice goose egg on her left cheek. Sooooo....instead of screaming at her I wiped the **** off the bike, went in the house and told her to get her riding stuff cause we were HEADING OUT! What a great ride, out for four hours. Does this mean I'm getting old cause I couldn't find it in my heart to scream and yell at her? Help me out here guys, I think I'm becoming a wus or something:D
Sheepboy
P.S. how she did it without denting the tank I'll never know!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
It's amazing what can be accomplished when necessary. I recall several years ago, my FORMER wife backed her car out of the garage, turned her car sharply and clipped my FXR, knocking over the bike. She lifted the bike up by herself. Fear can give anyone amazing strength.

I'm glad both your wife and bike are repairable. ;) Luckily, every part on a H/D can be replaced. The wife can not. She was undoubtedly very concerned about your reaction. I'm glad you decided on a ride v. other options. Even exp. riders can mistakenly get on a bike and try to ride off with the forks locked. In the case of your wife, she was even trying to do something nice and got bit. She had to be very relieved by your reaction.

Betcha' most of the members here don't think you're a wus.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sheepboy,
Good reaction! In my younger days, I would have been way Pissed, but find myself more and more telling myself it's just not worth getting all worked up over. Besides, a good long ride is probably the best cure for what ails ya!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I wiped the **** off the bike, went in the house and told her to get her riding stuff cause we were HEADING OUT! What a great ride, out for four hours.
I think you answered your own question. I don’t think anyone would think you were a wus. Envious maybe. Envious that you showed such self-control. Good for you. :cool:

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Yea Sheepboy, we all be gettin' old,& hopefully,like you,wiser!

Taking your bride out for a putt was a damn smart move,I would imagine the poor girl felt like hell.

As far as you being seen as a wuss, nope, afraid not.

Thanks for your tale, I'm buyin' the next round!
guido

·
Registered
381 Posts
Also think of all the points you banked on this one. Use them wisely as they are hard to come by at times.:D

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Wus??? No way! Ya did PERFECT! Had that happened at my house and I handled it just as you did, it would have been a candle and a sexy night gown that night. :D

On the other hand, if I had blown up, it would have been a Lucy re-run and terrycloth and curlers. :eek:

Ya did good!

·
Registered
380 Posts
not older just better

great job on treating the wife like a wonderful women she is. like every one else if that happen to me 25 years ago i would have blowin a head gasket over it. but now my wife is my best friend and the harley can be fixed. so line up the parts get it done and ride.

·
Registered
56 Posts
SHEEPBOY...YOU WUS!!!

just kidding.....

"over it went ontop of her, and dangerously close to the sporty"

well, THANK GOD it didn't hit THE SPORTY...LOL!!

Ya did the right thing. I'm sure that she felt awful enough without you "goin' off on her" too.

I've only been married for 10 years, but I have learned when to control myself and usually happy later on that I have.

your wife sounds like a great woman and it sounds like you two had a hell of a day riding together.

no sence in having a bent outta shape bike AND a bent outta shape wife too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sheepboy,
I wish I could handle situations like that.That's class,I will try to take a lesson from you.Hope your wife is okay. I also hope I never have to find out my reaction when someone knocks over my bike. You da man!:cool:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sheepboy,

You did good. We all know that a long ride can fix your head and whatever the problem is it doesn't seem so bad after that. Reminds me of a t-shirt i saw "you never see a Harley parked outside the psychologists office"

Ride to live,

Holden

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe a trip to the psycologist might not be a bad idea...... I stopped at lunch and looked at a new electra glide.........:D :D
Sheepboy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts