V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when he asked me if i knew how to ride "this thing". that was in 71. he was the police mechanic and i wanted to ride. i thought if i told him the truth he wouldn't sell me the bike. never rode a motorcycle and had no license either. now i have a 76 shovel rat bike that got washed 2 times in 13 years ,once when i bought it and once a few years later when someone thought they were doing me a favor,and an 85 flhtc that i bought new for $500 below list price. the 85 stays clean. i do all my own work on both rides.

·
: Þ
341 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You will like it here, lots of great info and greater people. Ride safe post often.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Welcome to the board. Thats why my bike is suffering from chrome envy. After my last bike I built this one to be low maintenance "wipe and ride". Spent 7 hours polishing chrome on my old softail just to get dusty at the end of the driveway.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Welcome, where in WI are you located... I am in Stevens Point. There are a few of us that are going to get together in the spring.

·
Registered
246 Posts
bagga said:
i'm in green bay. where are you going to meet?
Not sure yet there is talk of the Frost your balls run on the West side of WI But I am sure there will be other events that we will go to this summer. Slammin Sammy is in Chippewa falls and there is a guy in Madison and one between Wausau and Chippewa Falls on 29. There are a few more around I am sure but we will all get together at some point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts