V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did a search for Glock Reacall on this forum and got no results. I was on the www.glocktalk.com forum browsing through cop talk and noticed and interesting thread. It seems that Glock has determined many of the frames manufactured between June '01 and June '02 (I believe) were machined incorrrectly and could fail.

Reliability is very important to me as I carry a G22 for SD and having been in one gunfight and getting hit twice with a 12 ga. I want to eliminate all possibilities of failure.

I called Glock at 1-770-432-1202 and was told that my pistol IS part of the frame rail "upgrade" (they don't want to call it a recall?)

I understand that ALL models from EAAxxxUS to EZZxxxUS are part of the recall... err, I mean "upgrade".

The thing is, if you are not a LEO you have to send it in and they will replace the frame..

I think this should be a sticky, due to it's importance!

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
My glock 22 has a number EGC455 so I assume this falls in the range you decribe. I guess I will give them a call and see where I need to send it.

Is this just for G22s? or does it apply to all Glocks? I have a G21 but it has a serial number of DST352.

Thanks for the post.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I called GLock this morning and they said my G22 was not part of the "Upgrade".

The lady said there is no certain range of serial numbers that the "upgrade" applies to and only Glock has the database which identifies the specific guns in question.

Sounded a little odd to me that there wasn't a range of numbers, but I wasn't going to argue with her.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My wife has one.

My wife owns a GSSF model 17 she shoots at matches. It was affected by the recall. She got a certfied letter in the mail from Glock about it.

I called and was told not to worry. If it fails, one of the four rails would break off. The gun will still function. She would never know it.

No repair can be made but they will replace the frame any time. Because it is a special edition, She didn't want a new serial number. They said the chance of a failure was less than 1%. That was over a 1,000 rounds ago.

Eric

·
Registered
83 Posts
not the first upgrade glock has had, I have a early mdl 19 which while looking for some replacement high cap. mags ( during the ban) I discovered that my 19 might have had a upgrade avalable, so I gave them a call and made an appointment to drop my weapon off thinking it was going to be a 2 tripper, one to drop it off, one to pick it back up. the armorier took my weapon said he would be right back, 5 min. laters I am headed back out the door with my 19 upgraded and they put a extended mag release on for free. they are good people to work with.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
92 Posts
my 17 yr old G17 I bought new way back when has a recall on it for the firing pin that I just found out about 2 months ago too...

the G21's have one too unless it has the -1 stamped in it on the trigger assembly, which fortunately mine does...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts