V-Twin Forum banner

141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
Thanks for the reassurance there cap... Yeah mostly bloody boogery blobs of ****. Sometimes I'll just spit out blood. Idk. Not good either way.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Run don't walk to the doctor for a prescription of Warfarin which is what you get while laying in the hospital for a week. The clot will disappear if treated in time. If not then it will render you unconscious from lack of oxygen or break loose so it can stop your heart. Do you eat kale or take a daily vitamin pill? Both have vitamin K which promotes blood clots.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Smoking sucks, Surprised I even took up the habit. Not very smart on my part. Did manage to stop quite a few years ago, Luckily I wasn't a heavy smoker.
Glad most of my friends don't smoke so I don't have to even be around smoke.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
well on a side note again I grew up with mom and pop smoking, all adults smoked in my family,

so in a car with windows up, in a kitchen with Aunt's and Uncles and mom and pop, they all smoked. I never could master smoking cigs, they always made me sick.

Today, They are working thru lung issue with me, I get Bronchitis easily, I had it 4 times last tear 2019 and my asthma has came back in the last year that I thought I out grew as a kid. Smoker related?

·
Registered
941 Posts
well on a side note again I grew up with mom and pop smoking, all adults smoked in my family,

so in a car with windows up, in a kitchen with Aunt's and Uncles and mom and pop, they all smoked. I never could master smoking cigs, they always made me sick.

Today, They are working thru lung issue with me, I get Bronchitis easily, I had it 4 times last tear 2019 and my asthma has came back in the last year that I thought I out grew as a kid. Smoker related?
Second hand smoke is a very real medical problem... Good chance its part of your lung problems...

·
Premium Member
6,860 Posts
I knew a woman once with a 2 year old daughter. She and her family smoked in the car, in the house, wherever with little to no ventilation. Whole time the kid is exposed to this. This poor kid was always sick and I pointed out one day that it just might be all the smoke she's subjected to everyday, all day. You would have thought I was wearing a MAGA hat in the middle of a DNC convention.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Second hand smoke is a very real medical problem... Good chance its part of your lung problems...

Very possible, I hung out with Pop and Uncle Joe where ever they went Pop took me, up to I was 8 or 9 , then my brothers who were 14 & 15 and thier old friends. I twas easy to see me 9 years old hanging with 20 year olds, so I always hung out with older adults than me. So, everybody smoked besides me.

·
Premium Member
6,860 Posts
Going on a month now I think (lost track). Had one slip last week but I'm told that's not unusual as long as you don't let the slip happen often. Have noticed I can taste and smell a little better and can take deeper breaths. Seem to sleep better too. The one thing that is very apparent though being in NY is more money in my pocket. Not spending $10 - $12 a pack as a regular smoker adds up pretty damn quick. Can't even get a break at the base exchange now that AAFES has 'aligned' it's prices with local stores but my rant about the way military and veterans are treated in this country is for another day.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Read where in 24 hours the difference is quite amazing.... Improvements to your lungs and body start almost from the time you stop smoking...

·
Registered
1984 fxrs
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Going on a week. I'm trying to like, not give death any advantage over me. Last week I bought the meanest cigar I could find and I ripped on it till It made me puke. Haven't wanted one since....

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
I have quit 11 times. Took Chantix 3 times didn't want to commit sucide, but was thinking of ways to get rid of a few friends and relatives without getting caught. The gum might work if I had teeth. Gum doesn't meld well with dentures. The patch worked good while I was living at the hospital. Soon I got out relatives smoking around me. It was not so much their smoking because they were outside. They smelled like smoke which at the time smelled better than a Cuban cigar.

I quit again after I came back from Cherokee last year and took it up when my wife became ill.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
Going on a month now I think (lost track). Had one slip last week but I'm told that's not unusual as long as you don't let the slip happen often. Have noticed I can taste and smell a little better and can take deeper breaths. Seem to sleep better too. The one thing that is very apparent though being in NY is more money in my pocket. Not spending $10 - $12 a pack as a regular smoker adds up pretty damn quick. Can't even get a break at the base exchange now that AAFES has 'aligned' it's prices with local stores but my rant about the way military and veterans are treated in this country is for another day.
Marlboros are $5.15 a pack here with Minute Man discount card.

·
Registered
941 Posts

I had to stop and pick up a pack of Camel straights for my manager occasionally in the mid to late 70's... Pretty sure they were 35 Cents a pack in Oregon....

·
Premium Member
6,860 Posts
Read where in 24 hours the difference is quite amazing.... Improvements to your lungs and body start almost from the time you stop smoking...
Didn't notice anything even within the first week except my sinuses were a little clearer.

Going on a week. I'm trying to like, not give death any advantage over me. Last week I bought the meanest cigar I could find and I ripped on it till It made me puke. Haven't wanted one since....

I read years ago a technique used that was similar. People were forced to chain smoke one after the other until sick. I've also heard for temptation control keep a jar of butts around and take a good whiff when the mood strikes. Might work. I remember when I was 17 getting violently sick on Tequila and to this day I can't do shots of it or anything that even begins to taste or smell like it.

I have quit 11 times. Took Chantix 3 times didn't want to commit sucide, but was thinking of ways to get rid of a few friends and relatives without getting caught. The gum might work if I had teeth. Gum doesn't meld well with dentures. The patch worked good while I was living at the hospital. Soon I got out relatives smoking around me. It was not so much their smoking because they were outside. They smelled like smoke which at the time smelled better than a Cuban cigar.

I quit again after I came back from Cherokee last year and took it up when my wife became ill.

I've tried gum and patches. Neither did much for me except the gum made me sick. Patch just irritated my arm more than anything. Chantix each time I used it was the best and the way it works makes me think it would or should be the most effective if used as advertised. It doesn't make me not want to smoke but it does help relieve desire for nicotine and helps block nicotine should I break down and smoke one or two. Avoiding what makes me want to smoke is key to the process I'm finding. My wife asked how much longer I'm going to take the Chantix because it was making me a dick. I'm really confused because I distinctly remember being told I was a dick before the Chantix.

Last I was in SC it was around 2.50/pack for Marlboro . It was around 6.50/pack in NY at the same time.

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
Whatever the price of pack or carton doesn't matter it is the price of a 30 day supply of Anoro. The cheapest Goodrx has it is $427 a month. Walgreens discount brings it down to $180. I have used it a couple days when the hardwoods were dusting each other. It really works as they say and better than an inhaler.

I have always needed an incentive to do something and I was telling Buff if I quit again then I will meet him for a trip to Arkansas. Most would think being able to breathe easier would seal the deal, but that is not how my mind works these days. I blame it on the strokes and sticking to that story. Sounds good to me

141 - 155 of 155 Posts