V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my bike out of storage today. It wasn't really in storage but at the shop because I had some(more) work done but it was basicaly stored there for me. It was cold today and there is still possibly more snow on the way but I just couldn't take it anymore!!! I even got snowed and rained on a little today.

My bike finally runs just how I want it to. It's been 95" since last year but I finally had 37Gs put in. Nice cams!!! I also had the HB-125 primarly chain tensioner put in. Before this I never had a problem finding neutral, in fact it was too easy to find because it would hit N instead of 2nd sometimes while easily shifting up. Now it goes right to second when I want bit N is still easy. It also got rid if the "lurching". Before, downshifting into second was always a gamble from 25MPH and up because usually it would SLAM hard into gear, same with N to 1st. Now I can downshift into 2nd at almost any speed smoothly. In fact ALL shifting is nice and smooth now.

As for power, like I said, NICE CAM! I got onto an uphill 280 degree on ramp that enters a high speed highway, still going up hill. I was doing about 32MPH when I got to the very short acceloration ramp to get on said highway(going uphill remember) and this guy refused to move over for me. No problem. Just twist the throttle and I had a little trouble keeping up with the shifting because I was going so fast!!! The throttle is now like an on/off switch! That guy that refused to move for me was quickly becoming a fading memory. There is some gear whine when it's cold but after the engine warms it all but goes away. I think this summer I won't even notice it.

Thanks to the by-pass spring I got from Baisly the top end ticking is...GONE!!! I stll hear a little valve train noise (which is kind of soothing and very quiet)but there is no metalic TICKING at all! AWSOME!!!

After I rode around for a while I went home and I myself put on a few goodies I aquired over our ever so long winter. I put on Cycle Smith's 19" banana boards. These things are so comfortable it makes me afraid I'm going to doze off! I also put on the matching brake pedal. I have the matching passanger floorboards all ready to go but when I put the left one on it hits the derby cover and can't be put in the upright position. Does anyone know if there's a spacer for the stock pass. mount that will move it out about 1/4-3/8 inch?

The last thing I put on were my new Yooper battery cables. There were no problems starting the bike before but these cable really seem to make it easier. Lots more juice going to the starter now and more ground I guess.

Anyway, it was a great day and I'm glad to be out on the road again!!!

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
How bout' a pic of that badboy? Gotta see how those boards look.Might want em for my 05' FLHRSI.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FlaFatBoy said:
How bout' a pic of that badboy? Gotta see how those boards look.Might want em for my 05' FLHRSI.

No problem. I'll take them tomorrow in the sunlight(we actually get to see the sun tomorrow!) and post them in the evening.

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
Glad you got a ride in today, HDguy. I have yet to take the plunge. I'm thinking maybe next week. Your winter mods sound great! Let me know, The Tourist too, if you plan to ride out to Capital City one of these days.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Sounds like a fun day...this winter has been long and it is starting to wear on me. I rode mine about 3 weeks ago to the dealer about 45 minutes away and it started sleeting. I got to the dealer and was frozen. Walked in and they sent me to the coffee pot to warm up. The problem around here is the salt on the roads. They go crazy with the stuff when we get bad weather. Anyway, warm weather is around the corner.

I will be getting the primary tensioner too.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got home from a 350 mile day. I REALLY like this engine! It just never runs out of power from of idle to wherever the hell you want to go. The banana boards were a treat as well for the amount of miles I did.

Unfortunatly I didn't wear quite enough warm weather gear so I was pretty much cold the whole day. At least chilly but mostly cold but I still didn't want to get off the bike.

I also didn't get any pictures of the boards today but I still might after I warm up or I will this week sometime.

Strat, thay go crazy with the salt here too but we had a pretty good rain a few weeks ago so most got washed away. There is one interesection though where the dude left a pile about 10 by 5 feet and about an inch thick. What do these guys think?

Mad, will do! You do the same, hear!?:cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I finally have some photos of my boards. They don't look very good. My computer took a crap so I got a new one and I don't have a good photo editor yet. Anyway, check 'em out!

·
8,499 Posts
You're right about the photos. It looks like they've been super sharpened or something. Still, the banana boards look cool.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
What have you guys been waiting for? Middle of March is when I normally start riding. This year has been better then normal.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
berserker said:
What have you guys been waiting for? Middle of March is when I normally start riding. This year has been better then normal.

I'm not sure who you were directing that at but I have 2200+ miles so far this spring. These boards have been a treat so far. There is a lot of room to move my feet around so I get quite comfortable.

·
8,499 Posts
Originally posted by berserker
I sure don't have as many miles in as hdmarsh, but I've been riding for the last couple of weeks. Psst, HDguy, let's talk about Photoshop! I know a guy who knows a guy who . . .

·
Banned
2,149 Posts
hdmarsh77 said:
It's been 95" since last year but I finally had 37Gs put in. Nice cams!
I want to talk to you about a cam, myself. I also run a 95" engine, but use a stock cam right now. Sean wants to do my heads and go with a 211, but I don't need that much upper end.

I'd like to see your bike and ride along side.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MadCity said:
I sure don't have as many miles in as hdmarsh, but I've been riding for the last couple of weeks. Psst, HDguy, let's talk about Photoshop! I know a guy who knows a guy who . . .

Man, I'd love to have PhotoShop again. I had it on my old computer that just crapped out. I looked for some free stuff online and found PhotoPlus 8 by Serif. I haven't messed around with it much yet. The photos of my boards are actaully untouched! I have a semi cheep camera and when I took these pitures I changed all kinds of things thinking yeah, these will look great!

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Tourist said:
I want to talk to you about a cam, myself. I also run a 95" engine, but use a stock cam right now. Sean wants to do my heads and go with a 211, but I don't need that much upper end.

I'd like to see your bike and ride along side.
What are you( and Mad, you too) doing tomorrow? It's not going to be very warm and it will be windy but let's meet up for a ride...maybe. My mother-in-law might be coming in for a visit but I'm not sure.

·
Banned
2,149 Posts
hdmarsh77 said:
What are you( and Mad, you too) doing tomorrow?
I was planning to sharpen a few at Gander early in the afternoon, but I can blow it off.

Cool I don't mind. Wet I hate. If I ride, I'll drift into Capital for a coffee.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
harleyjsb said:
hdmarsh
do you want to sell the stock passenger pegs you removed from your bike if you do e mail me at [email protected]
thanks

harleyjsb
Sorry, I traded them for the boards on there now. It was a pretty good trade I think!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts