V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my first HD today! No more Honda's for me! 2002 Super Glide. All kinds of extra's, Screamin Eagle Pipes, Sissy Bar, Wind Screen, Passenger foot rest, HD custome seat.....
Yipee :D Yipee:D ... 2500 miles barely broke in! Out the door for 14K and had got them to put on foward controls for just the labor.
Like a dum ars, I forgot to take the camera so no pictures for now.
Most of the other comparable bikes I've look at where 4k + more.
It's a 3 hour ride so I can't ride it home, to cold in S. IL any way.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Congradulations!!! :D

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Hey stevep,

Sounds like one h_ll of deal you struck with em. Now you get to put up with the dreaded "wait till spring" syndrome like the rest of us are going thru. Not to worry, it'll eat you up. ;)

My new FLHRCI was supposed to ship from Y-town Friday and I'm in seventh heaven. When I bring mine home I even have the OL talked into letting me park it in the living room till spring. All I'll need now is enough (hot) bloody marys to hold me over till I can get it out and RIDE!!! Maybe something like this will work for you.

Good luck with the new ride and congrats!!!

:cool: :D :cool:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Quote: Sounds like one h_ll of deal you struck with em. Now you get to put up with the dreaded "wait till spring" syndrome like the rest of us are going thru. Not to worry, it'll eat you up. ;)

Ask your wife if you can bring it in the house. I sat on mine and ate supper.

hehe

patsue

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Congrats, stevep! It does sound like you good a pretty darn good deal. Good for you.

The cold weather is good for something: it may have helped you good that good deal?

Now, sign up for the msf class. We want to see you posting for a long time.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Congrats on the scooter! I don't know which is worse...owning a bike that's three hours and two months away; or having it sitting in the garage and having to look at it everyday, knowing I'm two months away! :mad:

GOD, I HATE WINTER!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Congrats stevep

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Way to go Steve :cool: I was wondering if I asked you already where in Illinois that you lived in :confused: I may come see it ;)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sounds like you did well. Where did you find it. Nice to see some dealers are droping prices some. I have been thinking about selling my King and buying a E Glide. It will be spring before you know it. Where are you located??

·
Registered
379 Posts
Congtrats -- you will never be the same. Be careful and ride slow at first. That Harley ain't no Honda thingy.
Gene P.
PS: Now we got one more guy praying for warmer weather.

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
Welcome to the family.........BTW 00Standard, I think he has us beat. We get to see the bikes everyday, BUT it's his first and you remember your first right???? It's gonna be a LOooooooooong 2 months.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts