V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I got my first Harley two weekends ago. It was a blast and I could not ask for a better buying experience. I picked up my bike form the Harley Haven in Columbia, SC. After I singed the paperwork they took me out on a ride around the area to try out my new ride. It was a group of people hanging around for an event they were having that day.

Hundreds of bikes showed up. There was free food, beer, and a live band. I stuck around and looked at all the bikes and talked to a bunch of Harley owners. They were very kind and very nice to talk too. I had never bought anything i.e. a car and received such fanfare.

I ended up purchasing a black 883 low. I’ll post some pics soon. I have driving sports bikes for the last couple of years and decided to go cruiser. I figured if I was going to do that, go Harley-Davidson. The sound and feel of the bike is just phenomenal. It’s been a good experience so far and I look forward to many posts on this site. I’m also looking to get involved with the local chapter and do some serious riding.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Dreams come true !

Best wishes for many happy miles , welcome to the brotherhood

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
?prty: :welcome:
Congratulations, post some pics when you can

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the world of H-D. I might as well tell ya now, your just starting the spend the bucks.

Charleston is the wife and I's favorite place in the world. We try to make it down yearly, either in the spring or fall, or both. I'm into the Civil War history and actually spent a whole day wandering around in Magnolia Gardens Cemetary once. We spent two weeks down there in July once at Seabrook Island and the humidity was a killer. There's fantastic riding down there, we enjoy Beaufort as well, and sometimes ride down to Savannah from Charleston.

·
Keep the rubber side down
1,015 Posts
WELCOME! You'll notice around here it doesn't matter if you ride a Sporty or an 851 lb. bagger. It's all good and lots of info from knowledgable folks. Enjoy!

·
Keep the rubber side down
1,015 Posts
WELCOME! You'll notice around here it doesn't matter if you ride a Sporty or an 851 lb. bagger. It's all good and lots of info from knowledgable folks. Enjoy!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Natchez Trace

2kflhr said:
Welcome to the forum and the world of H-D. I might as well tell ya now, your just starting the spend the bucks.

Charleston is the wife and I's favorite place in the world. We try to make it down yearly, either in the spring or fall, or both. I'm into the Civil War history and actually spent a whole day wandering around in Magnolia Gardens Cemetary once. We spent two weeks down there in July once at Seabrook Island and the humidity was a killer. There's fantastic riding down there, we enjoy Beaufort as well, and sometimes ride down to Savannah from Charleston.
You ever hear of Natchez Trace ??
It's an awesome ride (I did it on a bicycle) and is FULL of war history.

NO COMMERCIAL TRAFFIC ALLOWED !!!!!!
No busses
No Trucks
No billboards

It runs from Nashville Tn to Nathcez MS

It's run and managed by the National Park Service

read about it here: http://www.nps.gov/natr/

·
Registered
357 Posts
Welcome !!!!!!!

SpeedCostsMoney said:
Hello all,

I got my first Harley two weekends ago. It was a blast and I could not ask for a better buying experience. I picked up my bike form the Harley Haven in Columbia, SC. After I singed the paperwork they took me out on a ride around the area to try out my new ride. It was a group of people hanging around for an event they were having that day.

Hundreds of bikes showed up. There was free food, beer, and a live band. I stuck around and looked at all the bikes and talked to a bunch of Harley owners. They were very kind and very nice to talk too. I had never bought anything i.e. a car and received such fanfare.

I ended up purchasing a black 883 low. I’ll post some pics soon. I have driving sports bikes for the last couple of years and decided to go cruiser. I figured if I was going to do that, go Harley-Davidson. The sound and feel of the bike is just phenomenal. It’s been a good experience so far and I look forward to many posts on this site. I’m also looking to get involved with the local chapter and do some serious riding.

Welcome to the forum !!

PM me sometime and we'll connect, perhaps we can get some miles together.

I live out in Chapin and make many trips down to Harley Haven :)

Don't forget to post pictures of your bike :)

·
ORIGINAL DOOF BABE
3,954 Posts
Welcome, from a fellow (well, FEMALE fellow :D ) South Carolina rider!

Not sure how much you've ridden on the street before, but you'll probably hear from lots of folks including myself that it's really worthwhile to take a safety course. I think they offer them in Charleston where you're at - if I remember correctly, that's where my husband and a few others took them. Even my husband, who's an experienced rider, said he learned a lot from the basic class.

I'm not trying to preach - there are just too many posts about people who get bikes and either haven't had any training or haven't ridden in a long time going down.

Bike folks are great for the most part, and you'll find a lot of helpful people here, but I'll tell ya - the people on the roads in cars are out there to kill ya, so be careful.

Once you get comfortable, there's a spring and fall rally in Myrtle Beach that are pretty decent. We'll be heading up there in a few weeks for the Fall Rally.

Don't forget to check out the "Rider Safety" forum, and use the "search" feature. :)

Take care, post some pics and see you on the forums!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, that's where I bought MY first Harley, last year! They guys over there are a great bunch--took good care of me too. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
As I often say...you can buy a better bike (maybe), you can buy a cheaper bike, but when you buy a Harley, not only do you get a nice bike but you get a family....the Harley Owner's Group.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts