V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a clutch adjustment question. My bike is a 2003 Road King Classic. I had a new clutch installed (Energy One clutch pack and diaphragm spring and clutch hub). The challenge I'm having is getting into neutral at a stop light after the bike is warmed up. I can't get to the mechanic that installed the new clutch because of the corona virus. I have followed the directions from YouTube but I cannot fix my issue. Is it possible that the new clutch needs to have time and then it will get easier? I have adjusted my clutch in the past with the original clutch and never had a problem. Can anyone help? Thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same cable. Did not work when I got it back. The tech said to put some miles on it. Still doesn’t work like it should.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have a clutch adjustment question. My bike is a 2003 Road King Classic. I had a new clutch installed (Energy One clutch pack and diaphragm spring and clutch hub). The challenge I'm having is getting into neutral at a stop light after the bike is warmed up. I can't get to the mechanic that installed the new clutch because of the corona virus. I have followed the directions from YouTube but I cannot fix my issue. Is it possible that the new clutch needs to have time and then it will get easier? I have adjusted my clutch in the past with the original clutch and never had a problem. Can anyone help? Thank you.

Interesting. So, by this I take it that when the bike is not warmed up that you can get it into neutral easily when the engine is idling?

What about prior to this new clutch pack, was neutral easy to get into at stop lights and why was the clutch pack replaced?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting. So, by this I take it that when the bike is not warmed up that you can get it into neutral easily when the engine is idling?

What about prior to this new clutch pack, was neutral easy to get into at stop lights and why was the clutch pack replaced?
No I cannot get it into neutral when the bike is warmed up. I could get it into N before.

·
Registered
328 Posts
No I cannot get it into neutral when the bike is warmed up. I could get it into N before.

That is not what I asked. I asked if you can easily put the bike in neutral when it is NOT warmed up and why did you choose to have the clutch replaced?

·
Registered
326 Posts
How about some more information. Why did you replace the hub? Do you have an easy pull type setup on the ramps? Do you know if it is an extra plate clutch kit? And if so, do you know if the damper spring and seat were removed? Did you change the grips at the same time to a larger diameter? Do you have a service manual and are you capable of pulling the primary cover if needed? Main question is, why would your mechanic let it go like that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How about some more information. Why did you replace the hub? Do you have an easy pull type setup on the ramps? Do you know if it is an extra plate clutch kit? And if so, do you know if the damper spring and seat were removed? Did you change the grips at the same time to a larger diameter? Do you have a service manual and are you capable of pulling the primary cover if needed? Main question is, why would your mechanic let it go like that?
Chain adjustment fixed issue

1 - 14 of 14 Posts