V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came back over to the dark side!

I've been a metric rider for many years. In 2015, while participating in a charity ride, I was the lucky winner of a 2015 XG750 Street. I took delivery of the bike in late September of that year, and put it into winter storage. I sold the bike in June of the following year after putting over 6000 kms on it! That XG750 was a blast to ride!

I went back to riding my metric touring bike and I have just traded it in on a 2019 Street Glide in the "blue max" color! I can't wait to take delivery in about 10 days!

OK.......so my questions, as a newbie are:

Should I look into the extended warranty? (I extended myself just to pick up this bike)

The bike is obviously 100% stock at this moment. What should I look at adding before I pick it up?

I was thinking of the passing lamps (which I have/had on my current bike) in the LED and changing out the headlight to the Daymaker LED. Should I look at the adaptive Daymaker LED? (I have no idea what these costs will be)

Yes, I'll probably do the Stage 1 modification later in the summer.....................what have others done regarding the Stage 1? Rinehart slip ons?

I know I have a plain canvas right now, and I will be doing things, however, I was just curious about immediate, obvious add ons that most do.

Thanks

·
Registered
329 Posts
I think the 2019 bikes come with LED lights. Be very careful of what you do to your new bike,as Harley will void your warranty for just about anything you do to it,without their OK (dealers).

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I think the 2019 bikes come with LED lights. Be very careful of what you do to your new bike,as Harley will void your warranty for just about anything you do to it,without their OK (dealers).
First it is not really HD that voids it. It is the EPA forcing them to.
They have a Judgement against them and if HD does not follow it 100% they are screwed. Lot of misinformation on the net as always.
Leave the M8 alone for awhile. They run great as is. After you have had it awhile then do the home work and figure out if a stage 1 is really worth it, for you.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Run it for a few thousand KM. Then adjust as needed; wind screen, seat, footpegs, slip-ons... maybe led lights for the back but I think the front is already covered.

Enjoy and ride safe.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all, for the comments so far.

I know I want to add lighting, and the highway/passing lights are high on the list, as are additional rear lighting

Any comments on Extended Warranty? I was told I can purchase it up to "just before" the 2 year warranty expires

·
Registered
613 Posts
Any comments on Extended Warranty? I was told I can purchase it up to "just before" the 2 year warranty expires
Why don't you put the amount the warranty would cost you every month into a savings account.. If you need to use it you have it, if you don't have to use it you have it... Screw the insurance companies....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK.......I see an icon on the BoomBox that shows an "HD App" but I can't access it.

What do I have to do to get this to work?

I don't see an App in the Google Play store?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I came back over to the dark side!

I've been a metric rider for many years. In 2015, while participating in a charity ride, I was the lucky winner of a 2015 XG750 Street. I took delivery of the bike in late September of that year, and put it into winter storage. I sold the bike in June of the following year after putting over 6000 kms on it! That XG750 was a blast to ride!

I went back to riding my metric touring bike and I have just traded it in on a 2019 Street Glide in the "blue max" color! I can't wait to take delivery in about 10 days!

OK.......so my questions, as a newbie are:

Should I look into the extended warranty? (I extended myself just to pick up this bike)

The bike is obviously 100% stock at this moment. What should I look at adding before I pick it up?

I was thinking of the passing lamps (which I have/had on my current bike) in the LED and changing out the headlight to the Daymaker LED. Should I look at the adaptive Daymaker LED? (I have no idea what these costs will be)

Yes, I'll probably do the Stage 1 modification later in the summer.....................what have others done regarding the Stage 1? Rinehart slip ons?

I know I have a plain canvas right now, and I will be doing things, however, I was just curious about immediate, obvious add ons that most do.

Thanks
Ordered the lower fairings, Stage 1 kit, Klockwerks 6½" windshield.
Can't wait till Spring!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Oh yeah, a savings account would really reap dividends. lol
At $100 a month, he would have $3600 dollars in 3 years.. If you spent $100 an month on an extended warranty he didn't use he would have NOTHING......
Clark Howard advice....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At $100 a month, he would have $3600 dollars in 3 years.. If you spent $100 an month on an extended warranty he didn't use he would have NOTHING......
Clark Howard advice....
I look at it as an insurance policy against anything going wrong.
Sometimes you win, something you lose, but at least you have peace of mind

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts