V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I rode out to Capital City H-D, where he spends a fair amount of time. Some of you who've been around for awhile will remember him for his clever, well-written material. For what it's worth, The Tourist says "Hey." And he'll be sharpening knives at Capital City H-D next Wednesday.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
MadCity said:
Today I rode out to Capital City H-D, where he spends a fair amount of time. Some of you who've been around for awhile will remember him for his clever, well-written material. For what it's worth, The Tourist says "Hey." And he'll be sharpening knives at Capital City H-D next Wednesday.
Cool, next time you see him, tell him I said hey! Same name @ hotmail, need some work on some knives. If you think or remember, have him email me...

Thanks!

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
he wasn"t holding a knife when you bumped into him, was he? coulda been a nasty cut.

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
is he on any internet forums posting away where I could go and read? I followed him to CycleChat but pissed off the owner and got banned.

·
Super Moderator
5,582 Posts
That guy was seriously fked up, but that's why I loved reading his posts, always pictured him as some long haired greasy spaniard, turns out he looks more like captain Kangaroo.

·
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Fred1369
is he on any internet forums posting away where I could go and read? I followed him to CycleChat but pissed off the owner and got banned.
Last I heard, he had stopped posting at CycleChat, but I never signed in over there so I couldn't tell you whether he's posting anywhere else. It didn't come up yesterday. We mainly talked about his winter bike modification plans. Says he wants to put a new CVO front end on his Dyna.
Originally posted by BVBOB
always pictured him as some long haired greasy spaniard, turns out he looks more like captain Kangaroo.
You know, now that you mention it, there is a striking resemblance! :roflback: :roflback: :roflback:

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
MadCity said:
You know, now that you mention it, there is a striking resemblance! :roflback: :roflback: :roflback:
What I found amusing was all his talk of his time at the gym, then seeing his picture, a rather robust clone of Captain Kangaroo. I did though find his posts entertaining.

Lefty

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
There are a lot of fat guys that work out at the gym. Some don't lose weight, but they do get strong. Mass moves mass, power lifters are mosley bigger than you average bear.

·
wandering but not lost
116 Posts
route66paul said:
There are a lot of fat guys that work out at the gym. Some don't lose weight, but they do get strong. Mass moves mass, power lifters are mosley bigger than you average bear.
... and there are usually lots of lithe and sweaty chicks wearing spandex at the gym!!! :whistle:

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
uuhh huhh

BVBOB said:
That guy was seriously fked up, but that's why I loved reading his posts, always pictured him as some long haired greasy spaniard, turns out he looks more like captain Kangaroo.

It's like listening to a radio personality, you create an image in your head.

Then, you see how they really look:yikes:

·
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Say what you will, The Tourist (AKA Chico), is a charismatic, larger-than-life (no pun intended) character. And he's a damn good writer. His posts told interesting stories and got people thinking. He may have spun tales that made you question his credibility. That's okay. But I've met him, and I've ridden with him. He's a good guy.

·
Just happy to be here
858 Posts
route66paul said:
Some of them are even real bikers. Just ask them, they'll tell you. Or don't, and they'll tell you anyway. Repeatedly, and at great length.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
MadCity said:
Today I rode out to Capital City H-D, where he spends a fair amount of time.
Imagine that.

How often did it come up, when I used to ride...

·
Retired and loving it!
1,009 Posts
MadCity said:
He may have spun tales that made you question his credibility. That's okay. But I've met him, and I've ridden with him. He's a good guy.
He may be a good guy, but he's as full of sh!t as a Christmas Turkey.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts