V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,428 Posts
Yeah the green is metal flake looks pretty good in the sunshine , but I don't know if I can deal with that yellow frame. I might go with caps idea of just masking the crap out of it and going black. She's in the shop now so maybe a good project when I get her back.
Man, sorry if I missed this part; but, just out of curiosity, why'd you buy the bike? It's not me but I think it looks nice. If I had the qualms you seem to, I'd've never bought it.

joe

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Man, sorry if I missed this part; but, just out of curiosity, why'd you buy the bike? It's not me but I think it looks nice. If I had the qualms you seem to, I'd've never bought it.

joe

I got a hell of a deal on it, couldnt pass it up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

joe
Also I love the bike itself, it is one mean machine, it's just that frame I'm not thrilled about. I might attack it with some black paint.

·
Registered
87 Posts
So I bought this bike in late September, I'd seen it advertised for a while, thought it hung around because the color, because it really is an incredible bike, just with not that great a color scheme. I really do not want to have to pull everything off to change the frame color so I'm thinking of just having the tins done. With a yellow frame I though black tins of course, then someone said orange metal flake, that thought intrigues me. Anyone care to chime in.? Though I will admit the green and yellow has grown on me a tad, but there's imperfections so tins need a good paint job anyway.

View attachment 264107
Ride it for 6 months. If you still want to paint it. Then paint it.
It’s like remodeling a house you just purchased. Live in it for a yea. You’ll get comfortable with some things about it. Change what you don’t like for that.
Good Luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Spend a Saturday, you have 85% access to frame with little effort, good tape job, rattle can the yellow black then ride it for the summer. Next winter you will have put the time on her during the summer to figure out your upgrade options. Put note on fridge to trump any possible "Honey do list", buy flowers and pray for the best.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I bought this bike in late September, I'd seen it advertised for a while, thought it hung around because the color, because it really is an incredible bike, just with not that great a color scheme. I really do not want to have to pull everything off to change the frame color so I'm thinking of just having the tins done. With a yellow frame I though black tins of course, then someone said orange metal flake, that thought intrigues me. Anyone care to chime in.? Though I will admit the green and yellow has grown on me a tad, but there's imperfections so tins need a good paint job anyway.

View attachment 264107
Black tins...then do the same yellow racing type stripes outlined with small white pinstripes

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Ride it as is ..... you won’t notice the frame color after a while. But I if you’re going to paint the frame do it right or a bad paint job will be just as noticeable as the yellow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well the first thing that I thought of when I saw it was , why not go all yellow ? Maybe some black pinstripe in there in there if yo need to break it up a bit .

21 - 30 of 30 Posts