V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this bike in late September, I'd seen it advertised for a while, thought it hung around because the color, because it really is an incredible bike, just with not that great a color scheme. I really do not want to have to pull everything off to change the frame color so I'm thinking of just having the tins done. With a yellow frame I though black tins of course, then someone said orange metal flake, that thought intrigues me. Anyone care to chime in.? Though I will admit the green and yellow has grown on me a tad, but there's imperfections so tins need a good paint job anyway.

·
Registered
15,972 Posts
Black tins.

For some reason orange tins and yellow frame sound kind of sucky.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Black tins.

For some reason orange tins and yellow frame sound kind of sucky.
The black was my initial thought too, but there's orange in the club colors, a part of me could see that metal flake orange on yellow, couldn't be worse than green in my opinion I'll try searching google images to see if I can find a bike with that combo. But open to other colors as well. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We farm boys think the world of John Deere green and yellow.:cool:

I live out in the country a lot of farmers. I get loads of compliments on it "Hay I like at John Deer colors!", I've definitely seen worse color combos but it's just not for me.

·
Registered
10,820 Posts
The green is pretty, but I am old fashioned as I prefer black frames as the color is easy to touch up. Green use to be a bad luck color. I don't think that way, knock on wood.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The green is pretty, but I am old fashioned as I prefer black frames as the color is easy to touch up. Green use to be a bad luck color. I don't think that way, knock on wood.

The green is pretty, if the frame was black it'd be a sharp bike ( mean still is), I just dont want to have to tear it down to the frame to have it painted, mainly because I can't. Have thought about trying to paint the frame without tearing it all down, I suppose its possible.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The really odd part about it all is when I bought it I made the comment "well you must like John Deer" guy looked at me puzzled and was like "not really why?" So I was like because of the colors, and he just kinda blew the question off lol, I don't think he knew what John Deer colors were.

·
Premium Member
2,394 Posts
The black was my initial thought too, but there's orange in the club colors, a part of me could see that metal flake orange on yellow, couldn't be worse than green in my opinion I'll try searching google images to see if I can find a bike with that combo. But open to other colors as well. Thanks for the feedback.
Call me crazy but I like the uniqueness of it. No guessing who's bike that is parked over at the local gentlemen's club.

I'd do like Duude mentioned and consider riding it a year or too. Hey, it may grow on you, you never know. Regardless..sharp looking rig either way.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Call me crazy but I like the uniqueness of it. No guessing who's bike that is parked over at the local gentlemen's club.

I'd do like Duude mentioned and consider riding it a year or too. Hey, it may grow on you, you never know. Regardless..sharp looking rig either way.
Thanks I appreciate all the insight from u guys.

·
Registered
10,820 Posts
The green is pretty, if the frame was black it'd be a sharp bike ( mean still is), I just dont want to have to tear it down to the frame to have it painted, mainly because I can't. Have thought about trying to paint the frame without tearing it all down, I suppose its possible.
I bought a goldwing off a fellow that painted bikes. He said it was easier to mask everything off than to disassemble the tins and risk scratches putting it back together. Well I don't know about all that. During the few times that I touched up a vehicle I've found that I have to cover everything in the garage as spray mist floats around until it sticks to something I don't want it stuck to. Another is don't leave 3 day tape on longer than 2 days. If you wrap the bike up like a Christmas present it shouldn't be too hard as you don't have bags or a faring to contend with. The bike needs a warm spot as paint doesn't like cold metal.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I don't like green... BUT, based on the pics this green looks kinda nice..... Its the yellow frame that is but fugly.....
Again, ride the bike for a year or two.. THEN take it apart and paint or powder coat the frame whatever color you choose.. I think I would keep the green tin but add some black pinstripes and a Harley Davidson decal on the tank.. By that time you might find some hidden repairs or updates you can do to it then also....
Just my Opinion.....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't like green... BUT, based on the pics this green looks kinda nice..... Its the yellow frame that is but fugly.....
Again, ride the bike for a year or two.. THEN take it apart and paint or powder coat the frame whatever color you choose.. I think I would keep the green tin but add some black pinstripes and a Harley Davidson decal on the tank.. By that time you might find some hidden repairs or updates you can do to it then also....
Just my Opinion.....

Yeah the green is metal flake looks pretty good in the sunshine , but I don't know if I can deal with that yellow frame. I might go with caps idea of just masking the crap out of it and going black. She's in the shop now so maybe a good project when I get her back.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts