V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(this is regarding an earlier posting I made - if I'm doing this thread thing wrong, I apologize)

Hello everyone -

I bought my Dyna Wide Glide from this dealer. His asking price did seem a bit steep to me. But after we negotiated, and I added up what I was actually getting in the deal, the price wasn't too bad......although it seems like you never know for sure if you got the "best deal" you could have. (keep in mind this guy had the exact bike I wanted) Before that, I had looked at a lot of used Harley junk from private sellers that was abused, and over-priced. I also spent a lot of time on the road traveling to look at Harleys that were listed on CycleTrader.com

The bike I purchase in Green Bay was in perfect showroom condition.......and there were more models available of the same caliber. I understand that this guy does get bashed from time to time because of his asking prices, but keep in mind that they're only "asking" prices. I'm glad I took the time to talk to this guy, and not let other people's opinion completly influence my decision of whether or not to pay him a visit. I can't say how he treats other prospective buyers, but he was professional and quite helpful to me. We, as consumers, have the right to vote with our wallets....and I did.

One thing I did notice after this thread heated-up regarding his asking prices, was that an explaination of his pricing structure was added to the "new-bikes" and "used-bikes" pages on his website !

:)

nummy

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Nothing personal man, but that was nothing but one long appology. How much did ya pay and what did ya get for it?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Around a grand over MSRP......but he had the bike I wanted...

I asked for a bare-bones price with no extras.....obviously, I paid the sales tax. I told him that I preferred to pay for the first check-up on my own, and that I would add my accessories at a later date when I could afford it. Cash in my hand and the ability to take immediate delivery seemed to help consumate the deal. (I had a trailer hooked to the van)

I passed on the extended warranty too......but he did give my 14-year old daughter a FREE T-shirt a few weels later for having a few "A" s on her report card. (really)

nummy

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Oh boy. Easy Jimmy, just walk away buddy.

Enjoy the ride nummy, and congrats on the new bike. I really like the wide wide glide myself.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Hey, who care's what you paid for the bike? Are you happy? Sounds like you are, so don't worry about us.

Be happy and ride the heck out of your new bike! :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Like Eagleman says, if your happy, we're happy...

*group hug*

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I think I may have been a little lucky in that the 1st phone call I made (when SO offered to buy me a Harley for my B day), to the Dealer about 10 blocks away, resulted in the exact model and color I wanted (black road king classic) at MSRP. However, I got no add-ons, like free service, accessories etc. (did get 10% off accessories bought that day). I've certainly heard of better deals and seen worse, but what i remember most is every time I see and ride it, its exactly what I wanted. Sounds like that's what you got as well. Good luck, hope you enjoy the hell out of it. greg

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Yea I've seen worse. A thousand bucks over yo get what ya want could have been worse.

Hey enjoy the bike! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts