V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello people,

Today, I had some time to kill, so dropped by the local Harley dealership. Lots of great bikes. I saw a V-Rod up close and personal. Two words: Not Impressed.

OH, I can't take it anymore.....

My new, black, 883 XL comes in January. I was ALMOST tempted by the Gunmetal Pearl. The only Sportster they had was the Gunmetal. I was close, but the two they had coming in were already taken. I told the sales dude that I wanted black from the start anyway. The dealer in Pompano wasn't that bad. They sell their bikes at MSRP with no extras. Even the sales guy said the Gold Key package was too expensive. I never gave it a thought. The one downside to the dealership. $70 per hour for their service. Thank goodness for the the HD forum and the XL List. I would have never had the confidence to try anything on my own. Thanks everyone.

I go back in next week to do all the financial stuff.

BTW, Pompano Harley will start offering the drivers course starting December. I won't have to go to Miami. It is a 5 day course. It's $275, which I though was a little steep. I will probably take that course after I take the MSF course, which I will do ASAP.

Man I am bursting at the seams. I even bought an air cleaner insert, I was so excited. What was I thinking?

When I walked in, the dork alarms didn't go off, so I thought to myself 'Good, I fooled them so far.' LOL It was nice. I met a guy, and the first thing I though was RUB! Well, he was, so what. He has been riding bikes for 10 years, all metric sports bikes. This was his first Harley. He was in buying a windshield. He had already put the stage I mods on his '03 Fat Boy that he had for about a month. He has the V&H 2:1. He never worked on a bike before. I told him, if an idiot like me wants to give it a try, why not you? J-P Cycles had sent me two catalogs, I had one in the car, so I gave it to him. He had no idea there was so much stuff out there. I asked him if he was too busy to work on the bike himself, he said no, he just didn't think he could. I think I converted him. :) I also told him about a few of the Harley websites, including this one, even though he owns a Fat Boy. Nice guy.

The only new Sportster they had was a 1200 Custom in Gunmetal, as I mentioned earlier. That is such a pretty bike. The curves are magnifiicant. It, dare I say, a sexy bike. The paint on the Anniversary bikes is gorgeous. The white stripe just seems to jump right out to you. Pictures do NOT do this process justice.

I don't think I am going to have any reach issues. I know the 1200 Custom has the Hugger shocks, but I still have extra space.

I don't think I will be able to take the anticipation. I think I am going to go nuts! Besides heavy drugs, does anyone have any idea as to how I should stay calm? LOL. No, I'm serious, I need help!!!!

I want to thank the HD Fourm and everyone here who has put up with me. Everyone has been a tremendous help. Thanks again.

Sorry for babbling. Forgive me, my mind is in a fog. My dream of 24 years is going to come true.

Peace,

Ross

Black '03 883 XL coming in Jan.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
You need to go to Amsterdam. Congrats.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JimmyK said:
You need to go to Amsterdam. Congrats.
For the women? :D

If I really did drugs, I would, but Thailand sounds better... :D

But, my ass isn't going anywhere soon. I'm officially broke again LOL.

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
you weren't impressed by the vrod, so you bought an 883? :rolleyes:

hmm.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Ross, take a deep breath and say "I can do this" LOL:D Look at my signature and you think you are pumped. I have alot of Harley stuff on the walls here in my computor room, I must look at them pictures a million times a day;) We will get through this:cool:

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
:D Now you wouldn't be excited eeh Ross? Good deal dude, I bet it took all of a minute to type that! Oh yea, think about the guy you gave the catalog, he's broke now too:rolleyes:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Try looking at it this way, go to Thailand or Amsterdam to buy your bike. You may save enough on the price of the bike to pay for the trip. Maybe not, but I haven't seen a better excuse to go on a boondoggle lately.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DJW said:
you weren't impressed by the vrod, so you bought an 883? :rolleyes:

hmm.
Hi DJW,

I never considered any other bike besides a Sportster. I think the Fat Boy is great and love the Duce. Hell, I love most Harley bikes. I just wasn't thrilled with the V-ROD. Nothing personal. It just didn't excite me.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Markcuda said:
Ross, take a deep breath and say "I can do this" LOL:D Look at my signature and you think you are pumped. I have alot of Harley stuff on the walls here in my computor room, I must look at them pictures a million times a day;) We will get through this:cool:
I'm up to my ass in catalogs. I sleep with them. No really. I have a Sportster as wallpaper. Someone is going to send me Sportster screensavers. (Thanks Officer James!)

Read my avitar. LOL

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Ross said:

Man I am bursting at the seams. I even bought an air cleaner insert, I was so excited. What was I thinking?

Okay, Ross, come clean man. Tell us what air cleaner insert you settled on ? I remember all your threads about the subject !!:D

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Re: I am so excited, I could plotz...

twincamzz said:

Okay, Ross, come clean man. Tell us what air cleaner insert you settled on ? I remember all your threads about the subject !!:D
I'm embarrassed to admit, I bought the one that says Harley Davidson on it. I NEEDED to walk away with SOMETHING for the bike.

I will drop my head in shame for getting sucked in........

Well, at least it wasn't the "Live to Ride" one..he he

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Re: Re: Re: I am so excited, I could plotz...

Ross said:

I will drop my head in shame for getting sucked in........

Well, at least it wasn't the "Live to Ride" one..he he
Could've been worse...like this...

:D :D :D

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Re: Re: Re: I am so excited, I could plotz...

twincamzz said:

Could've been worse...like this...
Hey, don't laugh, I'm still thinking about making one of those. :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hogg831 said:
: Oh yea, think about the guy you gave the catalog, he's broke now too
Hogg831,

As I handed him the catalog, I said to him "Here you go, I just blew your X-Mas budget." LOL

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
crawdaddy said:
I voted for one of these...
I saw that at the dealership. man that looks nice in person. I guess, I'll break down and get that, even though I think a lot of others might have it too. Crawdaddy, do you have pics of your scoot?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts