V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a Motorcycle. I drive a Truck and I sometimes walk. I have been riding for 43 years. I am not a 1%er and don't pretend to be. All "due" respect but I am not that tough.
I like Honda's and Harley's, anything with 2 wheels and a motor.
Had over 150 bikes, all makes, styles and functions.
I don't just ride. I fix, restore, repair, maintain and customize. Speed, comfort, looks to my own standards. I have a tool box, a service manual and help from friends and forums like this, never been left on the side of the road.
I have associated with C M A, ABATE and Outlaws. We all have one thing in common, we ride a motorcycle. Been cross country, climbed hills, jumped ramps, wheelies, and did 187 mph an a back road.
Lost a few friends to the road and almost lost my life. I limp and have scars. A helmet has saved me a few times.
I have always had a bike or 10 in the garage. Rode to work in the snow because that's what I had to do to feed my kids.
Rode thru a hailstorm, and from a tornado, Passed a joint handlebar to handlebar. Rode 3000 miles with my Son riding beside me, slept on my bike a time or 2. Always stop for a rider in distress.
Taught a lot of kids to ride on a k100, never to forget the smiles of accomplishment. Motorcycles have been a big part of my life. It has been a Blast. Respect to all of you.
One short life, make it a long ride. Make memories and friends along the way, enjoy every mile. It is not about the bike you ride, it is about where it takes you.
We can't outrun time. You will get old. Look up, Look out, and see the world you ride through, wave at your brothers on 2 wheels, we are of the same kind.
I am not a Biker, I ride a motorcycle and Love it. My response to a Bikers Creed. Peace.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
You mean that you have never cooked a squirrel between the jugs while riding down the road? You, Sir, are a motorcycle enthusiast. What's your favorite oil?

·
Banned
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You mean that you have never cooked a squirrel between the jugs while riding down the road? You, Sir, are a motorcycle enthusiast. What's your favorite oil?
I get a kick, love your avatar. Like n\my squirrel fried. 2 stroke with a dash of olive. :)

·
Swamprat Rider
757 Posts
150 Bikes.. Doing a lot better than me.. Been Riding 42 years and the best count I can do regardless is 20 .. Although 17 is the count that keeps ringing in my head .. Never had a problem thinking I might be a Biker, although wear no 1% Patch but enjoy group riding and enjoying other like minded who also ride .. Not worried about a Label know I have at least 500,000 miles of 2 wheel riding.. Well over 100,000 of them in the past 5 years since retired.. Call me what you like .. See Ya on the Road ..

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
I cant believe you have scribed your past in a MC forum. 150 bikes! now come on... maybe your workin on 151 but to post a thread stating that.... I have to gasp at your experience & gulp another 5.5 ......... wow your an ICON in yur our mind.

Seems to me you wanted you first thread as a STICKY... keep it up ya may get a sticky in one hand or the other. Take a deep breathe BRO & come back tomorrow

Dare

2000 FXST

·
Registered
233 Posts
I am a biker - all you need is the right outfit.

I'll bet you want everyone here to say, "Aww, dude, you are soooo a real biker!"

But then again, I have a friend who casts his own pistons in the campfire for the next day's ride.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
I ride a Motorcycle. I drive a Truck and I sometimes walk. I have been riding for 43 years. I am not a 1%er and don't pretend to be. All "due" respect but I am not that tough.
I like Honda's and Harley's, anything with 2 wheels and a motor.
Had over 150 bikes, all makes, styles and functions.
I don't just ride. I fix, restore, repair, maintain and customize. Speed, comfort, looks to my own standards. I have a tool box, a service manual and help from friends and forums like this, never been left on the side of the road.
I have associated with C M A, ABATE and Outlaws. We all have one thing in common, we ride a motorcycle. Been cross country, climbed hills, jumped ramps, wheelies, and did 187 mph an a back road.
Lost a few friends to the road and almost lost my life. I limp and have scars. A helmet has saved me a few times.
I have always had a bike or 10 in the garage. Rode to work in the snow because that's what I had to do to feed my kids.
Rode thru a hailstorm, and from a tornado, Passed a joint handlebar to handlebar. Rode 3000 miles with my Son riding beside me, slept on my bike a time or 2. Always stop for a rider in distress.
Taught a lot of kids to ride on a k100, never to forget the smiles of accomplishment. Motorcycles have been a big part of my life. It has been a Blast. Respect to all of you.
One short life, make it a long ride. Make memories and friends along the way, enjoy every mile. It is not about the bike you ride, it is about where it takes you.
We can't outrun time. You will get old. Look up, Look out, and see the world you ride through, wave at your brothers on 2 wheels, we are of the same kind.
I am not a Biker, I ride a motorcycle and Love it. My response to a Bikers Creed. Peace.
well said! i used to be a biker too, now im just a motorcyclist.......... kinda like when all the land got leased and the store-bought hunters filled the woods. i quit being a hunter.

peace man.

·
155" R&R TwinCam
3,437 Posts
I ams what I ams,Biker not a Biker call it what you will.Been riding Harleys 50 yrs that's all that matter to me.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Never really knew what a bikers was. been riding 41 years +.
I do not smoke, drink or have any tats or accessories stapled to my body. Did not buy my first pair of chaps and leather vest till I was 50. Something I should have done years sooner.
I ride and ride a lot more than most with out a doubt. I can not give you a reason why I get up at 0430 and ride alone for a few hours. But I do. Why do I get out on a 20 degree day when roads are clear enough and ride but I do.
Not a biker but I am a rider.
I have one more retirement in me then I will finish off my days trying to be the best grandfather I can be and riding as much as we can with my wife, she has been riding with me for 36 years.
Nope not a bike

·
Registered
285 Posts
Take the OP's comments, sprinkle in a little Claydbal and Smitty901 and that's almost me.
Except I own land that I hunt on and only had 95 bikes so far...
Only 5 were/are Harleys and all but one of those holds a special place in my heart.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Take the OP's comments, sprinkle in a little Claydbal and Smitty901 and that's almost me.
Except I own land that I hunt on and only had 95 bikes so far...
Only 5 were/are Harleys and all but one of those holds a special place in my heart.
EPA,DNR informed me I do not own my land I am just it's current caretaker all land is owned by the people.

·
Banned
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Folks, I honestly do not want it to seem bragging about how many bikes. We are all different yet enjoy the same activity. We ride motorcycles, it doesn't matter what size, brand or function. Each of us are much more than a "biker". I am a Barber, I am also a Mechanic, and a Carpenter. I am a Father and also a Grandfather. I like Hot Rods, Fishing and Guns. I am not defined by one Occupation or a Hobby. Just my 2 cents, sharing my thoughts with others of like interest. Yes I have had a lot of motorcycles, I live in FL. and ride almost every day. I usually have 4 or 5 bikes in the garage and I do a lot of buying and selling. Got to love Craigslist. The DMV and my Insurance Co. love me. My Wife and Friends know I am a little crazy, but it sure is fun.
Being as this is a HD forum I will admit I have only had 26 Harleys. Tried em all. First Harley was a 350 Sprint, not a real HD but it did say Harley on the tank. By far more Honda's then any other brand 60+. Believe it or not one of my good friends has had many more. The point of stating" I am not a biker" is to mean we are all much more than what we ride. Sunny and warm today, off for my morning ride. Peace.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts