V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think I can actually do this. My wife said I will change something the first week I have it. We shall see!!!
 

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
Joined
·
4,369 Posts
Dave1200C said:
Do you think I can actually do this. My wife said I will change something the first week I have it. We shall see!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:265: :265: :265: :265: :265: :265: :265: :265: :265: :265: :265:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
343 Posts
Ok Ted Johnson, Bud Light Daredevil

I bet you'll end up looking like the Bud Light Daredevil staying 2 minutes past five o'clock on a Friday. You probably won't make it out of the dealership without picking up at least one doo-dad. Just my 2 cents.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
78 Posts
Since my ride is an '05 Road King Classic and I intended to leave mine stock, I think I'm fairly well positioned to laugh about that, too.

If you ride long miles, or if you even ride short miles with your wife onboard, the first thing to go will be the seat. I'm using a Corbin dual tourer with a passenger backrest, but there are plenty of good aftermarket seats out there.

The second thing in my case was the handlebars. I'm still trying to decide on what bars to use permanently, but currently using a set of Heritage bars that work better than the originals, but don't look as good.

Highway pegs are a nice addition for those long rides.

The stock shifter linkage looks like s##t. I'm not a "chrome junky," but ugly is ugly!

And if, like me, you just ain't happy with the power (or lack of it) you may opt for a reliable motor build with a decent amount of juice, different exhaust, air intake, etc.

So, stock? Nope, not anymore.
 

·
Yet another 43 Double D
Joined
·
626 Posts
Commie?

What your not going to pay your Harley Tax -- what are you a communist or something! :eek:

Unless your lucky (or don't ride much) you gonna want a better seat (or your wife will)

Good news is if you can blame her for the purchase you still win the bet! %[email protected]
 

·
'08 Ultra Classic
Joined
·
39 Posts
If you leave it stock, you'd probably have the only one on the road like it!
It would definitely be unique.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dean said:
If you leave it stock, you'd probably have the only one on the road like it!
It would definitely be unique.
Hey dean I notice you also have a 2006 Road King Classic, how do you like it??
 

·
Goooood morning, Vietnam!
Joined
·
391 Posts
Nomad55 said:
And if, like me, you just ain't happy with the power (or lack of it) you may opt for a reliable motor build with a decent amount of juice, different exhaust, air intake, etc.
Nomad55,

I noticed you had an '05 but are suggesting he change power-related items on his '06. I'm not trying to cause trouble but - can he do that with an '06? What about the EPA regs relating to the '06s? Will a dealer or any shop actually change the intake, exhaust, etc. on an '06?

Just wondering.:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Man I know I am a total wacko but all I have done to my 05 Ultra is ride it.Yea it could use more power but really I am having so much fun and it runs well enough that I just can't make the effort to mess with it.I'm in the minority here but I would ride it stock and if you like it as is I would leave it alone.Of course you will not make the dealer real happy.:)
Enjoy,
Augie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,981 Posts
Dave1200C said:
Do you think I can actually do this. My wife said I will change something the first week I have it. We shall see!!!
Remember Dave, I know you...
Not a chance you can pull it off, especially with these cold months ahead to sit and look at it and not be riding much.......


We can wager....;)

One week is pretty short, you might make it, 30 days though, impossible!
 

·
Arrogant Bastard
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
IndianaSteve said:
Nomad55,

I noticed you had an '05 but are suggesting he change power-related items on his '06. I'm not trying to cause trouble but - can he do that with an '06? What about the EPA regs relating to the '06s? Will a dealer or any shop actually change the intake, exhaust, etc. on an '06?

Just wondering.:confused:
I don't know about other dealers but mine was trying to convince me to leave my new bike for a Stage 1 before I even got out the door from purchasing it.

Joe
 

·
EASY DOES IT
Joined
·
8,914 Posts
Dave1200C said:
Do you think I can actually do this. My wife said I will change something the first week I have it. We shall see!!!
Yeah right...what're you smoking?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,983 Posts
Young GrayRider in 1973: "Well darlin', I'm gonna sell the Honda and buy a Harley."

Young Appalachian Princess: "Won't that be more expensive?"

GR: "No way, just look at all the money we'll save. They're so economical."

And the rest as they say, is history.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
31 Posts
Nomad55 said:
...The second thing in my case was the handlebars. I'm still trying to decide on what bars to use permanently, but currently using a set of Heritage bars that work better than the originals, but don't look as good...
You might want to try the RoadKing highbars. They look similiar to the stock bars but make a huge difference in reach. You can use the stock cables/lines and wiring with these.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
17,238 Posts
will power

if you can watch a decent porno flick and not get a woody then you might have the will power to keep the bike stock.
good luck.
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Top