V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While waiting for delivery one has to penetrate all sorts of nice modifications and add-ons, right? I thought a Küryakyn Hypercharger could be something. But does it add anything in performance or just a cool look? I mean, there are Hyperchargers and Pro Hyperchargers. Sounds like they have different capacities.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Just my 2 cents worth here. Have seen results of a couple tests and the Hypercharger is nothing special. Personally, I think they are a bunch of junk. Too heavy, breather connections are crummy and I also think they look like sh**.

Just my opinion though.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Ed Y said:
Just my 2 cents worth here. Have seen results of a couple tests and the Hypercharger is nothing special. Personally, I think they are a bunch of junk. Too heavy, breather connections are crummy and I also think they look like sh**.

Just my opinion though.
.02, I agree, some people like them, I don't !!!

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
I'm running one in black powdercoat on my FXDX and like the looks since the bike is done up in a drag theme. There have been some restriction issues but any dyno runs performed do not take into consideration the ram air effect present when the bike is rolling down the road. The filter is kinda smallish especially for a big inch mill but an upgrade kit is available as is the Pro model as mentioned.

As for the sh!tty looking head breather mess, I've adapted an SE breather with little modification and feel it looks right. Choose what you like and to hell with what everyone else thinks. Don't be a follower!

SS

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
I run the Twin Velocity from KKyn and it flows quite well. As with ALL KKyn intake systems, it mists oil on the bike stock and will continue to without modification. The flows are right up there in the performance scales but honestly,,, it was eye candy for me. I like the looks of the Hyperchargers and T.V.'s as well as the looks of the forcewinders. Some absolutely HATE the look, and some (like me) LOVE the look, but think of it this way,,, I HATE sour tasting things but many people I know eat sour candy and LOVE it. I LIKE the occasional candy but if I put a sour candy in my mouth I look like someone just shot me in the face. Is it candy,,, YES. Do I HATE it ,,,, YES,,, do I care if someone else eats handfuls of it,,,, NO but I certainly would not want one in my mouth. It is all a matter of taste when the flow #'s you want are there.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I've been looking at this feature for my Night Train when I get it. Can someone tell me the details on installing one of these? Is it tough to do? What is specifically involved? What benefits are there to adding one of these? Please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
PSK260,

I installed mine in about 45 minutes. The hardest part was getting to, and cutting the vacuum line so I could install the "T" for the hose that will operate the butterflies at the front of the Hypercharger. It's kind of tight in there and I didn't want to have pull the carb off so it took a little longer. I'm not sure how much of difference it really made performance wise. I don't push the bike real hard. I'm one of those guys that bought it, as oppossed to some of other ones mentioned, because I like the look. Especially the Pro-Series because it's a bit wider and looks cleaner. As you've read, it's a love or hate it kind of thing as far as the look goes. Install was easy though. It's definitely a do-it-yourself kind of thing.

Tony:cool:

Oh Yea folks.......no wise cracks about the bike being on a trailer. The back tire's flat:mad: and I was taking it to get repaired. I know I'm asking for trouble posting a pic of my bike on a trailer:D :D :D

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Hey, don't sweat the trailer, there are most definitely times when it is necessary. Now I would have taken the wheel off at home and carried it to the dealer or indy shop.:)

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Great look Gunslinger!!!!!
I see that you experienced the oil misting issue as well (rear exhaust evidence just like mine)
Hey by the way,,,, GREAT battery cover, and I like the guage (oil), is that temp or pressure????
PM Me and give me the details,,, I would like to get one much like that configuration.
Once again beautiful rig you got there!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts