V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking forward to installing the SE 6 Speed and I'm considering going with the Hyd. clutch actuator. I have also been thinking about a larger throttle body (SE, of course) and a taller cam (260 or 264) which should bump the tq another 15-20 lbs. None of those components with the exception of the clutch actuator are up for discussion. Upgrading the clutch itself is necessary as I am now running the SE Performance clutch package and I expect to exceede 135tq eventually. My question is, does anyone have experience using the Hydraulic actuator with the SE Racing Clutch or equivalant. My parts guy say's there have been reported problems and he is advising against using the actuator with a stronger clutch.

·
Registered
487 Posts
problem is you have make a pushrod or modify one to use the stock through out bearing because the se clutch wont take the large clutch side bearing the hydroli unit uses have done it but for some one that hasen't it can be irritateing

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Otto said:
problem is you have make a pushrod or modify one to use the stock through out bearing because the se clutch wont take the large clutch side bearing the hydroli unit uses have done it but for some one that hasen't it can be irritateing
Otto,
Is this something that would require machining on your lathe? and how much fiddling around is there in fitting the push rod?

Is there another high performance clutch that will adapt to the hydraulic clutch side bearing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts