V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I didn't opt for the extended warranty since it's got 10 years on it already.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Same here, But mine is on the drum for 10 years only, basically if they stop turning.

Dam things are nice buy after listening to them work last two weeks they are not the typical..

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Lowes here has very good people. Always helpful.
There are very good ones there and there are very bad ones there. Insert any store name in place of Lowes and you'll find the same. I think the biggest problem with any of them these days is no one can think outside the box anymore and the procedures/processes put in place by corporate college boys lock them into a set routine for just about everything. If something comes along that is outside of what they're trained to do or what the system will let them do things fall apart.

Case in point... local hardware store that was family owned. Carried just about every freaking thing you could ever imagine for odd ball sh!t that you always need on a Sunday afternoon when the mower takes a dump or whatever other project you're working on. If they didn't have it they had something that would let you rig it until you could get the right part. AND they didn't look at you with a dumb ass stare when you told them about your problem. Add to that EVERY SINGLE ONE of the employees knew EXACTLY where everything was in the place. They sold out to ACE and it was taken over by a bunch of dumb fuks and everything that once was went to sh!t. They now only stock the sh!t that dumb fuks buy when they see an ad on TV.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
There are very good ones there and there are very bad ones there. Insert any store name in place of Lowes and you'll find the same. I think the biggest problem with any of them these days is no one can think outside the box anymore and the procedures/processes put in place by corporate college boys lock them into a set routine for just about everything. If something comes along that is outside of what they're trained to do or what the system will let them do things fall apart.

Case in point... local hardware store that was family owned. Carried just about every freaking thing you could ever imagine for odd ball sh!t that you always need on a Sunday afternoon when the mower takes a dump or whatever other project you're working on. If they didn't have it they had something that would let you rig it until you could get the right part. AND they didn't look at you with a dumb ass stare when you told them about your problem. Add to that EVERY SINGLE ONE of the employees knew EXACTLY where everything was in the place. They sold out to ACE and it was taken over by a bunch of dumb fuks and everything that once was went to sh!t. They now only stock the sh!t that dumb fuks buy when they see an ad on TV.

You got that Sh!t right.

We have a local mom and pop hardware store/ Napa store/ hydraulics repair store. They can help you fix your septic system to a fcking Holley 4 barrel to a new hydraulic hose with fittings made for your log splitter.

The old man passed some years back, the wife finally retired and that woman knew more sh!t than 4 construction workers of 20 years experience all together.

AND Open 7 days a week!

They have nieces and nephews taking over, glad to see that but things ain't the same, open 5 days a week with a 1/2 day Saturday and lacking knowledge. The Napa side has been shut down and I'm not positive but I haven't seen the hydraulic shop open since.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
Same here, But mine is on the drum for 10 years only, basically if they stop turning.

Dam things are nice buy after listening to them work last two weeks they are not the typical..
I bought this $1200 Samsung front loader washer for the scratch and dent price of 350 bucks. It was in the back taking up room because the matching dryer was never sent for display. No scratches and no dents. I got this at Lowe's and frequently pass the appliance section to see if there is a red dryer that I can kick a dent in the side. Soon Christmas will be here and I'll make do with my $125 used dryer for a while longer.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Cap Thats how I started off on a washer, it was clearance dinged down from 689 to 350.

Told the wife about it and she stopped by next day to look at and thats when it went wrong for me.

But, the daughter went in half'zees that worked out, awful polite of her.

Now the funny part is they chose the GE 5.8 washer and neither one of them can reach inside and touch the bottom of the drum and grab any remaining items. It's fun to watch because they are hard headed when it comes to, should have got they other one, it was smaller.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I hate Lowes but I do buy stuff there because their military discount policy surpasses HD. For instance, if an item is on sale HD typically won't do a military discount on top of the sale price. Lowes will. I've never had a military discount not apply to anything at Lowes but at Home Depot it's hit or miss. Building materials I know HD won't apply military discounts to where Lowes will.

I had something very strange happen at HD a few weeks ago. I was returning some stuff and they wanted ID because I didn't have the receipt or the card I originally used to buy it. They would not accept a military ID as acceptable proof. Told me the computer wouldn't let them enter anything except a DL number. I tend to think this was a case of an 'outside the box' situation for the person doing the return and since she had never dealt with it her brain shut down. I have to wonder what happened to employees asking their manager if they have an odd situation to deal with. This used to be the norm. Now I never see this happen unless the customer requests it.

I tend to use my military ID often when asked because it's somewhat entertaining to see the deer in the headlights look on their faces. I also do it at places that want to scan my DL which I won't allow since they can't scan a military ID and have to manually enter a birthday.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
Whenever I had a big ticket item I would go to the post office pamphlet table and get an address change envelope. It had a few coupons and one for 20% off at Lowe's. Now it is done online so I'm sure there is a way to detect people like me.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
618 Posts
This Old House recently had a demo on this type of water heater... Looked pretty impressive.. I looked up prices online and they really were not out of line like some of todays "modern" upgrades are..... I will look at one when mine dies....

21 - 30 of 30 Posts