V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been pretty quiet lately.

Some of you know my HO 95 in motor decided to crap out a cam bearing which nicely took out the oil pump and scored the fukk out of the crank and other necessary bits.

Two weeks ago, I ordered a JIMS 120" motor and was told it'd be about two weeks. Two weeks later, no motor.

A phone call to JIMS reveals they are "waiting on a few parts".

New ship date is Nov 21st.

Sprinkle in the holidays and I'm guessing it'll be early December before the motor gets here.

So I wait.

And jones for some saddle time.

Fukk me. :badmood:

wyo

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
wyodude said:

Some of you know my HO 95 in motor decided to crap out a cam bearing which nicely took out the oil pump and scored the fukk out of the crank and other necessary bits.

Two weeks ago, I ordered a JIMS 120" motor and was told it'd be about two weeks. Two weeks later, no motor.

Sprinkle in the holidays and I'm guessing it'll be early December before the motor gets here.

So I wait.

wyo
Hey..I'll gladly "wait for you" if I can have the motor ...just hard to feel sorry for ya!
you gonna leave the heads alone ? run the stock cams or go with a gear drive? 657's ??

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
wyodude said:

So I wait.

wyo
I feel certain you'll enjoy the results...I'll get some in the wind time for ya Wyo...ain't I just the nicest guy...:whistle:

Really lookin' forward to hearin'/see that new rocket...

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SYCLONE said:
...just hard to feel sorry for ya!
Guess yer right. :yes:

SYCLONE said:
you gonna leave the heads alone ? run the stock cams or go with a gear drive? 657's ??

Gonna leave her just as JIMS delivers it, 'cause I got no more $$$ left :eek:

I sure as sh!t am gonna keep a close eye on things, especially the cam chains.

If I keep up a 20K mile per year pace, no doubt I'll need to freshen things up in a couple of years.

regards,

wyo

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Hey Wyo, new house means new neighbors. At least you won't piss 'em off too much until Spring at this rate. Bet they love that high compression, big bore, stroked, fire-breathing, stump pullin' beast when you get it fired up!!! Make some video of all the "prairie dog" heads popping out of the windows. I know I got some looks when the V&H pipes went on and I just had to rip up and down the street to test things out.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
wyodude said:
Guess yer right. :yes:

Gonna leave her just as JIMS delivers it, 'cause I got no more $$$ left :eek:

I sure as sh!t am gonna keep a close eye on things, especially the cam chains.

If I keep up a 20K mile per year pace, no doubt I'll need to freshen things up in a couple of years.

regards,

wyo
I know what you mean about the $$$$. BUT.....since it's delivered with just the bottom end assembled....from what I have heard some of these things are really only at 9.7 :1. SO...for not a lot more $$$..you could have the heads CC'd and equalized....cleaned up, (big boyz) and order up a .030 cometic, so that when $$$ allows, all you have to do is the gear drive cam swap and the heads wont ever have to come off...and it will still run better now ,than as delivered. I'm still jealous..can you tell?!!!

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
wyodude said:

wyo
Sorry to here the news bro. If ya want, I have two motorsickles, you're more than welcome to come down here and borrow my Sporty if you need to get your knees in the breeze.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts