V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Has anyone got any flow numbers on these out of the box? Thanx
Do a search there is a member here (C-Cat) who just installed a set on his wicked 124. If I remember correctly the intake flows like 345cfm @ 28" out of the box from HD. No #s on the exhaust side.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
17, the engine builder said the intakes flowed over [email protected] not sure of the ex #'s. The valve springs were replaced with Woods springs, everythng else was used. Very little work was done on the intake side, the exhuast was where most of the work was done. Riverside Cycle & Machine did all the work, Paul there can give you specifics. I'm running SE 62mm. Hurricane tb/intake, Woods Big Filter, T-Man .725 lift cams, HD lifters/w S&S travel limiters, SE roller rockers, VR1 60wt. oil, Boarzilla exhaust, valve train is very quiet, and goes down the road with better drivability than I expected.
Are you going with HD 120R or doing something custom without SE crank and cylinders?

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
I saw a post on another Forum, where someone was asking about Hurricane Pro Heads. Are these something new or are they the same thing?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
C-Cat,

No 120 for me. Going larger. Noticed you mentioned swapping valve springs. What was your thinking on that if I might inquire. Do you have your flow numbers after your heads were cut?
Thanx

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
C-Cat,

No 120 for me. Going larger. Noticed you mentioned swapping valve springs. What was your thinking on that if I might inquire. Do you have your flow numbers after your heads were cut?
Thanx
If you run the SE intake it will have to be modified to fit unless you're using 120r cylinders. The valve springs were done by the builder, not sure why he swapped them, it was mentioned they were at the spring pressure he desired for the T-Man .725's. As far as flow #'s I eluded to that in my previous post. The builder was impressed with the intake flow, and not so much with the exhaust side. I'm not an engine buider/ head porter, I just like Hot Rod street cars, and to me a Harley is like a American Muscle car on two wheels. Give Riverside a call and he can give you the pro and con on the Hurricanes and flow #'s, since he's got first hand experience with them, not to mention 3 or 4 decades racing, and building HD's.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
C-cat,

You posted 200 @ 10"..... that is [email protected] 28" I believe. H-D advertises [email protected] 28" at .650 lift. No surprise there from H-D. Your lifting over .700, just curious if they still flow. I will flow mine next week, box stock and share the info. Also tried to call Riverside on the intake issues. Do you have any other info on that. I guess I will find out anyway, just nice to have a heads up. Thanx for the info.

Jeff Hawbaker

·
Registered
275 Posts
So what are you building?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Carl, thanx for the info. As far as build, (gonna catch havoc on this) 131, hurricane heads with titanium intakes, SE 4.625 crank modified and lightened by Rev Perf, S&S geardrive cams, SE 62TB, roller rockers, billet pump and plate, Rev cyls and piston, woods lifters, SE forged rocker support, SE cyl studs. Heads reworked by Radar. I'm a gear head. 1000 mi in a season is all I get. When you have seven bikes....well not alot of time on one. Previous configuration was a 113. 123hp 119tq

·
Registered
275 Posts
Whats the motor going in? Dyna or Bagger?

·
Still the Same!
1,781 Posts
I'm liking the idea of the titanium intake valves. I feel that once those valve sizes are reached, one should STRIVE to lighten the 'load' so to speak.

My worry is the 200 seat and 500ish (?) nose is too much for the oiling system we have on the 120r. eg: Strokers lifters

I talked to Steve Cole recently and he has zeroed me in on this seat pressure on the 120s. Lighter valves and those pressures could be dropped.

You are on the right track and wish to hear of the results you achieve.

Onliest flak from me is: I would maybe consider Darkhorse or R&R Machine for the crank work. (MY vote is for R&R machine as they are the ONLY crank builders that DYNAMICALLY balance a crank, say what you want... that crank in my little old 107 was SMOOTH and really smooth over 4500 rpm as the changed the balance factor to 52).

The rest sounds really fun.

·
Still the Same!
1,781 Posts
Really? And that would help? How much seat pressure do you see on MVA heads? How much seat pressure would you LIKE to see, Don? I am trying to learn some new stuff here. Just generalize and NO trade secrets is good for me.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
195# on the MVA
Depends on the cam used. On the big cam jobs with corrected geometry I use Wood 188# springs and adjust the pressure to the app.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Truck,

Did a ton of research on Rev Perf. Have read all the horror stories. I am not new to the HD engine building world. I realize if you get something, you will sacrifice something. This is a toy for me. I wrench more than I ride. My choice. The people at Rev CLEARLY understand what I want and what I expect. Wisconsin is not to far from me. If we have issues , we will get them handled. After all, what can one expect from a 4.250 bore and a 4.625 stroke. Toy not tourer. Manley is makin the ti valves with hardened tip, no lash caps. We are lookin at no more than 400 on the nose. Still be able to turn 6500 without float.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts