V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, I rented a "Grampa" bike in Phoenix. Now I want one.

First a little background. I bought my Heritage in '90 and had the windshield off 10 miles into the 200 mile ride home... Windshields are for pussies!!
I put many happy miles on that bike with "bugs in my teeth."
Hell, I even build a big bad ass chopper last year. Over 9' long, tire 12" wide and a 124" to make her go! (No windshield, duh!)

Everything was rosy until a week ago. We went down to Phoenix for Nascar and I thought, "hey baby, lets rent a big bike so we can ride 2 up like we used to." (She rides the Heritage now.) 85 MPH across the desert, stereo blasting, cruise on and having a chatting together about how cool the cactus look. Not to hard to take........

Now I have 2 bike forums on my desktop, Clubchopper and VTF.

Anyone want to trade a chopper for an Ultra???:yes:

Brad

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
:welcome: To VTF man!YEP them Ultras make touring a little (read alot)comfy.
Post up or just enjoy.
While I'm here hi Popeye and hi thedog.:wavey:

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
I made the same mistake a few years back and ended up buying my first HD. Welcome to the board and good luck scratching that itch!

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Man...everyone I know is buying a couch...:welcome:

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Old man bikes are very cool. Welcome to the land of big twin touring and posting.

Happy Thanksgiving..........

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is like an episode of Brothers from Different Mothers.

I got a '90 Softail in early '91. Several rides from Miami area to Sturgis and the great beyond with no windshield and drag pipes that would set off house alarms. Also did the chopper build, but with a 96 incher. Ape hangers, kicker, etc, etc. and (same DUH) no windshield.

Then, this year, we flew out to Phoenix for a family visit, rented an Electra-Glide, cruised the desert and dropped in on Tortillia Flats. Then on a second Phx trip, we repeated the rental routine and went up to Flagstaff and the Canyon. What a great way to soak up the scenery.

Still got the Softail, but I'm scouting around for a good deal on an E-Glide.

Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the welcomes people!

"Grampa bikes" and "Old Wings" are what our 8 year old calls touring bikes.

I went for a putt on the chopper the other day and.......

When those short little pipes are in full song, arms getting pulled from their sockets and no speedo, signals or anything to distract me - I am at peace!!
Until I spot the cops and wonder if this is the time I get pulled over and issued all those "fix it" tickets.

Yup, you guessed it.
Can't sell the Heritage. (it's family)
Can't sell the chopper. (too much fun)

So, I will just have to make room in the shop for 1 more bike. (The couch!)
Man is my cheque book going to sting:crying:

I understand 2002 was a very good year for the Ultra. I am officially looking!!

Happy Thanksgiving all you South of the Border folks!!

Brad

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the forum. great people and place for info, ask away. No windsheild on a dresser, Hmm. well they make the lowprofile ones.

good luck and ride safe.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Post up often and enjoy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts