V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had a HTCC non cnc build with SE 251 cams done. I am following the HD high Torque build model. I will be runing D & D 2 into 1 Fatcat exhaust. I am having mine done as we speak on my new FLHRI. I am not interested in why I should have gone to gear drives. I want this bike to be all HD.

·
Infrequent Poster
1,662 Posts
csoday said:
What size motor are you building. The non-CNC need porting to perform.
CSO, I am curious. The HTCC CNC heads do not require any cleanup work or porting to perform?

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Teh CNC are a good head for a out of box head. They do tend be more for a high revving set up and work very well on a lighter bike. The HTCC need more work really than they are work, by the time you weld them up, and fix them you could have a better head for less money. We offer a true welded head on your stock head platform that will run as good as the CNC and rev faster, and offer more bottom end. For a Welded CNC head complete on a 95 inch that will offer 102-107 hp and 103-107 tq at 10.5 compression and a 585 cam . Which is a very gentle cam . The reason for welding the heads is that core shift cause's so many problems that you are better to weld the head then heat treat it, then cut the port is the correct location.

No we offer a CNC head that is less money and is more for the 37g crowd which is using stock size valves. When using big valves you have to make sure you do not slow the air down or you get a slow revving set up. Yes it may make good peak numbers BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>... Taking a long time to get there.

This is offering you a great performance head with a 1.9 intake and a 1.585 valve that has been cut down to offer a better margin and really increase flow. Add a bigger t/b and you will gain 4-5 on both. The numbers listed are of a low number with a good tuner you will see better than that. The biggest thing you feel is how fast it revs. A bike that just makes a big number is great but you have to ask HOW LONG DID IT TAKE TO GET THERE??? On a dyno numbers look great but onthe street and for every day riding when you wick it and the bike is instanly into the tq curve that is a nice big broad curve you really cant go wrong.

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
I would use a Woods cam. I never touched mine out of the box 20% off no tax yielded 95 hp and 104 tq bolt on stuff and I only know enough to be dangerous......................

·
Registered
473 Posts
:bowdwn: Listen to HDWRENCH... I would NEVER buy a SE head again if I were to build another motor. Too much money for okay performance. I wish that I went with the porting of my stock heads, but didn't know all the "good stuff" until I joined the forum...
Glad I joined!!!

PS: I want those new heads your selling Steve!!! After the sporty chop-up...

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
HTCC TC 2Gs D&D Cat Cat 2-1

rlast1 said:
Has anybody had a HTCC non cnc build with SE 251 cams done. I am following the HD high Torque build model. I will be runing D & D 2 into 1 Fatcat exhaust. I am having mine done as we speak on my new FLHRI. I am not interested in why I should have gone to gear drives. I want this bike to be all HD.
No compression releases needed, no ping, no starting problems.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The whole HTCC build has been canceled. Apparently HD says not to use the htcc heads on injected bikes as of yesterday. I am looking at other options and am always up to saving money. My last bike I built the engine my self, it was a 2001 FLHTCI. On that build I used SBC Scottsman heads, Andrews 37 gear drives 95 inch with SE flattops (relieved for clearance), Fueling lifters and pump, power commander USB III, and the Magnetti Marreli injection throttle body was bored by Dakota Kid. That bike ran very well. My new Road King is due in very soon and it looks like I will be building the new bikes engine this winter. I would like to see a very reliable long distant capable build around 100 horse and 100 Foot pound of torque. I have tried to call GNR today and got a machine. I will try again and will also call Short Block Charlie as he has been very good to me in the past.

·
Registered
473 Posts
rlast1 said:
The whole HTCC build has been canceled. Apparently HD says not to use the htcc heads on injected bikes as of yesterday. I am looking at other options and am always up to saving money. My last bike I built the engine my self, it was a 2001 FLHTCI. On that build I used SBC Scottsman heads, Andrews 37 gear drives 95 inch with SE flattops (relieved for clearance), Fueling lifters and pump, power commander USB III, and the Magnetti Marreli injection throttle body was bored by Dakota Kid. That bike ran very well. My new Road King is due in very soon and it looks like I will be building the new bikes engine this winter. I would like to see a very reliable long distant capable build around 100 horse and 100 Foot pound of torque. I have tried to call GNR today and got a machine. I will try again and will also call Short Block Charlie as he has been very good to me in the past.
I spoke to Steve today... He is out of the office. Call his cell phone. It's listed on his web page. There are plenty of 98 builds on the forum for references. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
rlast1 said:
All HTCC parts? Any info on why the MOCO decided to dump the HTCC parts?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Mcfly said:
Could it be that they are over priced and under performing? :whistle:
I doubt that's the reason, it's never stopped them before so long as you
lay down the dollars.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I can't believe they dumped the HTCC stuff. I just had a 95" HTCC build with a SE 257 cam done before I picked up my bike. I got 94 TQ and 91 HP on a 06 FLHXI.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The heads not supposed to be installed on 06' EFI bikes are the SE Perf heads, PN-16952-99C and 16953-99B. Something to do with in interferance with the TB and the head. Saw the letter myself at my dealer, they thought it was HTCC heads too, same numbers, different order (16925-02B)

·
Registered
276 Posts
BB06FLHX said:
I can't believe they dumped the HTCC stuff. I just had a 95" HTCC build with a SE 257 cam done before I picked up my bike. I got 94 TQ and 91 HP on a 06 FLHXI.

"I got 94 TQ and 91 HP"

That is exactly why they SHOULD dump the HTCC stuff.

The standard Stage II bigbore kit w/ SE203 cams would have netted you close to that for about $900 less.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts