V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay
I have done the A/C ,carb, cycleshacks... Now I am considering going to 95 inches... I have compared the numbers in the H/D catalog for their heads and other parts.. and I think I like the numbers of the HTCC upgrade... ( Htcc heads , htcc pistons, 44 mm CV carb, new jugs,and 211 cam...and upgrade the ignition also) I am sure I have forgot a few parts but you get the idea... a local wrench has done the same upgrade and is very pleased with the performance....
Now the questions .. . What gains would be had from having my OEM heads reworked or going to the HTCC design ?...I really like the lowend grunt... that appears to be had from the HTCC.... I have got a off the record quote from the local H/D of about 4 grand...for the whole package..... any help gladly appreciated.. and wanted... Thanks ahead... Royce:)

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
The price is pretty outrageous. That combination works well but there is a element of luck involved as the castings vary. One set of heads and pistons might be better then another as these parts are pretty well known for core shift. Even the new $1500.00 CNC machined HTCC heads only have the ports CNC'd, the chambers are the same old casting. The ports are huge and no longer have the intake hump and much less of an anti reversion dam. I was pretty disappointed. Now we have a TQ chamber with what looks like strictly top end ports. The dealer was putting the heads he showed me on a bike, so we should have an idea on how they work shortly.

You can get the same or slightly better TQ and HP having your heads reworked and your cylinders bored, even using the same components you mentioned. The 44CV and the 211 cams (or the equivalent 44 Andrews cams) work very well. For a lot less money.

The HQ TwinTec ignition is far superior to the SE ignitions.

If money is no object and you insist on heving a dealer change parts, it is a pretty good combination.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hippo... I probably will almost have to go to the dealer... There aren't any local independent shops.... well there is one but he seems to be more of a shadetree mech than someone I would want my bike worked on by....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.